Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

wall-e cake topper doesn't fit my wedding style

my fiance and i are hoping to have a spiced apple cake with caramel buttercream frosting (see below)

i really like the apples dusted with edible gold dust as a topper, or maybe a scrolly, vine like letter F for our last name.  but we also talked about doing a Wall-e and Eva topper.  the movie is special to us and we thought that topper would be cute.

but it doesn't suit our "them or style" at all!!  our wedding is more rustic, crafty and a little bit vintage. 

do you think it would be weird  to have the wall-e topper?

Re: wall-e cake topper doesn't fit my wedding style

• I'm pretty laid back about that stuff.  If I were having a December wedding I can tell you that Rudolph and Clarissa would be my topper.  If it has significant meaning to you I would go for it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_wall-e-cake-topper-doesnt-fit-my-wedding-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:452046ce-700b-49b1-b1f4-e28a63533cfcPost:b8ab03ae-417d-471e-9b29-fd7580f7f467">Re: wall-e cake topper doesn't fit my wedding style</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty laid back about that stuff.  If I were having a December wedding I can tell you that <strong>Rudolph and Clarissa would be my topper</strong>.  If it has significant meaning to you I would go for it.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>That would be so sweet and awesome. I now wish I was doing a holiday wedding. </div><div>
    </div><div>OP- I think a lot of times brides get sucked into the idea that everything about their wedding must fit their theme/colors/whatever. I've done it too. And it's good to want things to look cohesive, but don't let that come at the expense of small personal touches. I could see the most wonderful pictures of this fabulous, right-out-of-a-magazine "rustic" wedding, but it would make me smile more, and make it seem more real, to have something a little out of place that I could tell meant something to the couple. </div>
  • Do your thing. I think a Wall-E and Eve topper would be adorable even though it doesn't match your theme. It's a nice personal touch. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Gotta come back on that personal touch thing. So important! When DD #3 got married 3 years ago she wanted something warm and elegant. We planned something that fit the bill and they were very happy that we were able to make their vision come true. One day I get a call from my bride almost in tears. Oh the horror!! Her FI wanted to be introduced into the reception to the Imperial March from Star Wars. She was mortified. My first response was "How cool!!" Not what she was expecting. I reminded her that she had this perfect elegant wedding planned. Then I asked her where her FI's fingerprints were on this shindig. She didn't have an answer for this and finally realiized that it was a personal touch important to him. They did it. Come to think of it, the FOG's speech began with a Star Date (think Star Trek). Another very personal touch. Go for it.
  • kmmsg, I love that story! OP, I am actually kind of jealous, lol- I love Wall-e! We're having a similar theme and if I could convince my FI to go with something cutesy (like pandas or pixar) but our cake topper was something my FI had a definite opinion on and ultimately picked- a pair of Adirondack chairs, representing our meeting at camp and love of the woods. Don't be afraid to put your own personal stamp on your wedding! 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • okay, thanks:) 
  • Put it on the groom's cake!
  • Maybe you can gold-dust Wall-E before putting him on the cake!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_wall-e-cake-topper-doesnt-fit-my-wedding-style?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:452046ce-700b-49b1-b1f4-e28a63533cfcPost:e38354fa-e766-472e-a18f-69190db6b83e">Re: wall-e cake topper doesn't fit my wedding style</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe you can gold-dust Wall-E before putting him on the cake!  
    Posted by coconut shrimp[/QUOTE]

<div>What a genius idea!  OP - not gold dusting him would be just fine too.</div>
  • edited July 2012
    Since your wedding will berustic themed, why not have wall e and eva sitting or standing on a pile of leaves or twogold apples? I'm sure someone on etsy could make that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards