Chit Chat
Options

bride toast?

Well dont know whats tradition  and all that...but kinda wanted to make like a little speech to my husband at the reception and like thank you to all the guest for coming...anyone have any ideas or is this like a no no. suggestions please!

Re: bride toast?

• Options
    Usually in my circle it's the groom who does a speech to his new bride and thanks everyone, but I don't see why you couldn't do one instead. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    H and I did one together to say thank you to everyone and that kind of thing. We just winged it.
  • Options
    >>Well dont know whats tradition and all that

Tradition and all that goes like this:
    The father of the bride, who is the host of the event, gives the first toast to everyone who came, to thank them for coming.
    Then the best man gives a toast to the newly-married couple.
    In very rare cases, the MOH then gives a toast to the newly-married couple - but in my region of the country, that's really not done at all.

That said, you can do whatever you want.  Maybe you leave the traditional toasts in your evening where they always go, and then when it's time to cut the cake, you take the microphone and say something then to the group.
  • Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I love it when both the bride and groom say something short and sweet. I'm sure your guests will appreciate it, too.
  • Options
    We both said a few little things and thanked our guests for coming. I started it, since I am the more talkative/social one between the two of us. I wasn't sure if H would want to say anything, but he did, and he said some really sweet words. It was a pleasant surprise :)

It's perfectly acceptable for both the bride and groom, just the bride, or just the groom to make a short speech/toast.
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am of the opinion to make your wedding your own and do as you would like.
  • Options
    I plan on making a short speech to thank guests.  Not sure if Fi will as he is less talkative, sometimes shy and is worried about being the center of attention.  It is your wedding, so if you want to make a toast, i don't see why you shouldn't.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards