North Carolina

1 or 2 photographers

I have yet to decide if I want to use 1 or 2 photographers for my wedding? Does anyone have opinions? It's about $400 extra for 2

Re: 1 or 2 photographers

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If photographs aren't a high priority for you, then one may be enough.

For us, photography is very important.  Those photographs are going to last longer than anything else, so I'd pay the extra $400 and have 2.
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would pay the extra $400 and have 2.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to pay extra for a second one as well. something that's important to me is that the phtography captures the whole day, and the biggest part of my wedding is going to be my guests- we're only inviting 120, so i want to look back and see all my family and friends, as well as all the other moments of my day.

gl!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends if you are having a lot of guest or not and what is important to you.  If pictures are important to you and you have the $400 to spend, or another place that you can "take" $400 from, I would suggest having 2 photographers. 

good luck.

panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    One highly qualified photographer will be able to capture every detail of the day.  If you trust your main photographer, I see no reason to hire a 2nd.
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_1-2-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:0e931e15-1a95-4bdb-9deb-de1780ed2876Post:7ad9f1f2-1a5b-4457-b042-a5a4c122a500">Re: 1 or 2 photographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]One highly qualified photographer will be able to capture every detail of the day.  If you trust your main photographer, I see no reason to hire a 2nd.
    Posted by CLTKate[/QUOTE]

Maybe sometimes.  But I disagree. 

FI and I will be getting ready at the same time in different locations.  One photographer can't get every detail of that.  We're not having a cocktail hour, but guests will be able to begin eating as soon as they arrive at the reception location, while we're finishing up photos at the church.  One photographer wouldn't be able to capture reception photos while we're still at the church. 
  • edited December 2011
    we had two but they were hubby and wife team and pretty much came together....honestly, if you are being charged extra for two and haven't budgeted or thought about a videographer....i would put the money towards that and have one photographer and one videographer. this is something we didn't have theat i wish we would of, at least for the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    I had one photographer and her assistant.  In all honesty, I don't think the assistant actually took a lot of pictures, but she did take pictures of the guys getting ready, which was really helpful.  I think she also grabbed a few detail shots, like table decor & such.  Like a PP said, think about where/when your events are taking place and if it would be possible for one person to capture all of the important moments.  
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • edited December 2011
    If you have one photographer, he/she should be able to help arrange the timeline so he/she doesn't have to be in two places at once.  Most don't photograph people while they are eating, but if you want everything to be recorded it doesn't hurt to pay additionally for more photographers.

You just need to ask for full wedding galleries from your photographer to make sure they can get full coverage without a second photographer. If you see gaps in their coverage, then I would consider hiring a second or finding a photographer who can provide full coverage without a second.
  • edited December 2011
    hands down two photographers unlike some some nieve PP.  well, common sense just tells you that two are better than one.  i had two and it was perfect.  even photographers that get the celebrity weddings do not do it alone. 
  • stefanyjoystefanyjoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking as a photographer, it would really depend on the quality of the second shooter's work. I have seen many second shooters that are just plain terrible. Ask to see some samples of the second photographer's work, and if it's in line with what you are expecting, go for it.
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our photograher its a one man show but he has a friend who does her own wedding photography thing and they sometimes share it will be $500 extra for her..and we are SO getting it.  I want a girl with me and my ladies getting ready and I want a guy with the boys while they get ready.  I love the pre-wedding shots!!

I vote pay for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards