Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Heritage Museum & Garden Brides?

Hi Knotties,

I was wondering if any brides who have gotten married or are getting married at Heritage Museum and Gardens in Sandwich and how planning is going, if you had any pictures you were willing to share or bios. We'd love more information. Libbie has been great but we'd like to see a wedding (pictures fine) performed and any reviews from actual brides. Thanks so much!!!

mdargon at msl dot edu

Re: Heritage Museum & Garden Brides?

• edited December 2011
    We are in the middle of planning one (so no pictures yet, sorry).  If you have any specific questions, I'd love to help you out.

In terms of planning, we are almost done with the vender selection, which is a huge relief.  We chose Chef's Table as the caterer, and DJ Raffi for a DJ (he is getting us a traditional Armenian band for the ceremony) and are deciding about a florist now.  We think we are doing the ceremony at the sundial garden (depending on how the fountain looks when it is done) and having the reception at the parade grounds.

What are you doing?
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't booked yet. We still have a few other venue's to look at but we both loved it!! Libby was amazing and we got along great which also would make things better for us. If we did we are hoping for an outdoor wedding (no tent) with ceremony at the windmill or fountain (depending on results and sound) and reception at the area where the "stage" is, but I can't remember the exact name. We both love it, but we're afraid if it rains it would be moved into the car museum which we hate (and we don't care for tents too much). So that's why we were looking for more information and planning on the actual situation. Though engagement photos would be wonderful if we don't have the wedding there (especially on the carousel). We were just hoping on experiences and photo's to guide us through our decision.

We are also looking at one of the Newport Mansions, Fairmont Copley Plaza, Sakkonnet Vineyards or Greenvale Vineyards, and Boston Library.

Thanks again!!
  • edited December 2011
    No problem!  We loved the Estate House (I think that's the name of the place with the stage), but we have too many people for that area and had to move to the Parade grounds.  I was kind of disappointed, as I loved the idea of folks sipping cocktails on those benches and little kids playing in the labyrinth.  Oh well.

And I don't blame you re: the car museum.  Not exactly our cup of tea, either.  We are just going to get a tent and cross our fingers that there is no hurricane.  What date are you looking at?

Good luck with the search!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Eini thanks so much for the quick responses!! We're looking at Oct 1, 2011, you? My fiance loved the little lake/pond area but I don't think we can do anything down there so the windmill is my favorite. If we go with it, I might page you if you don't mind?
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely keep in touch!  We are getting married in August '10, so we should have plenty of pictures to show you after that.  And I'd be happy to chat with you about caterers, etc.
  • ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in June.  Libby has been so awesome with the planning so far!  She is really great to work with.  Anytime I have a question, I email her and I typically get a response the same day.  We are having our ceremony at the Windmill garden, but have chosen to have our reception off site (mostly because we don't like the idea of tented recetions).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh we loved the windmill!  Where are you having your reception? I agree the tents are kind of lame but we don't like the car museum either.
  • ARez726ARez726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Definitely can't beat the Windmill garden!  We are having our reception at Pinehills Golf Club in Plymouth...a 15 minute drive away.  They are great to deal with there, too!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • emh777emh777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding is October 2, getting married in the sundial garden, cocktail reception in the Folk Art Museum w/ carousel and a "Gatsby" inspired reception in the car museum.  So excited!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards