Texas-Austin

Ceremony venues- HELP

We are having a crazy hard time finding a place to get married that isn't pricy. It is hard to justify spending more than $500 on a ceremony location. We have about 120 guests.

Re: Ceremony venues- HELP

• may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may be difficult to find a venue in the $500 price range, but there are several that cost a little more.  Have you tried the French Legation?  I just checked their website and they rent for $225/hour (setup & cleanup times are $50/hour).

The Caswell House is also offering a discount for weddings held by August, 2011, although I noticed your wedding date was Nov. 11.  They are discounting their prices by $200.  If you use one of their preferred caterers, there will also be a $200 refund for that. 

HTH
  • rhyanarhyana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Unfortunately the French Legation is too small for us because we want something indoors and the Caswell House is a bit out of our price range but again thank you for the tip!!
  • edited December 2011
    if you consider a daytime wedding during the week, your options will greatly expand.  for example, mercury hall (where i got married) charges $400 for monday-thursday daytime rentals.

there's also the lottery with the austin parks & recreation dept for booking venues such as the zilker park clubhouse, but if you have a certain date in mind, it might not work very well (and i have no idea of the prices).
  • rhyanarhyana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thank you so much for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Are you just looking for a ceremony location, or a place for ceremony and reception?
  • edited December 2011
    Chapel Deluncia. I don't know anything about it except I heard it's free for a ceremony.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for an inexpensive ceremony spot, I'd check in to Chapel Dulcinea also.  It requires a $100 deposit to secure your date/time, but it is refundable as long as you show up.  It is beautiful! If it weren't so small we probably would have used it.  It does book far in advance though, so if you decide you like it, I'd book it asap.
  • carlybarley7carlybarley7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I can't really figure out how this works, but I've noticed that The Inn at Wild Rose Hall is ~2000 dollars if you rent through their website, but if you reserve it via VRBO or HomeAway, they only list it at 500 dollars per night.

I guess the higher price through them includes the tables and chairs, but if you don't need those things or can get them cheaper it might work for you?

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p352662
    http://www.theinnatwildrosehall.com/PRICING_and_SPECIALS_for_The_Inn_at_Wild_Rose_Hall.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards