July 2012 Weddings

Advice Please! (& Introduction...)

Hello Ladies,

I'm planning a quick wedding. I've been married once before so I am semi-familiar with the planning process.

I'm all set for venue and pastor on July 7th, 2012.

Besides invites & attire, what are some other priority items i should be focusing on?!

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advice Please! (& Introduction...)

• Congrats & welcome!  Tell us some more about your plans!  Have you picked out colors?  Wedding party?

This would be my priority list (no specific order):

Photographer/Videographer
    Reception decor (centerpieces?)
    Favors
    Transportation
    Hotel room block (if necessary)
    Honeymoon?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Is there anything included with your venue? If not, I'd say caterer, photographer, DJ/band are the most important.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The music and photographer were the most important to us.  Do you have your dress yet? 

Florist ?
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome! And congratulations.

I agree that photographer, caterer and dj would be the next ones to look for.
  • edited February 2012
    congratulations!! we planned quickly too (we are just having a 9 month engagement) so i understand the position you are in!

our biggies were: reception location, reserving our church, catering contract, photographer, DJ, and videographer.  i also would order my dress ASAP. 

i would also decide on the top 3 things that are most important to you that you do not want to skimp on.  our biggies were catering/reception and photographers. we personally decided that as far as decorations/paper-related items go, we wanted things to be nice, but that we would try to save money in these areas since we were spending more on incredible photographers and food/bar for 250 people.

i guess what i am saying is, know what is most important and  least important to you, and budget accordingly :)
  • @k888:
    Have you picked out colors? Tiffany blue/brown/white 
    Wedding party? Still deciding between having 2 each or 3 each, finalizing by Saturday so we can ask the respective parties.
    This would be my priority list (no specific order):
    Photographer/Videographer - meeting with a couple photogs soon.
    Reception decor (centerpieces?) - this is my trouble area! I don't want to go broke with decor
    Favors - I'm thinking candy buffet
    Transportation - haven't look at this yet
    Hotel room block (if necessary) - waiting on FMIL's guest list to determine, rest of our friends and family are local
    Honeymoon? - already had a trip to Vegas planned on the 27th - Aug 3rd so now it will be a honeymoon trip.

@bridetobe71412: catering is available at our venue - Golf/Country Club. We are doing the wedding ceremony outside and the reception in their ballroom. I got the menu today and am overwhelmed with options. We are doing a cocktail reception as our wedding is pretty informal being it's my 2nd....

@LADY324: The music and photographer were the most important to us.  DJ is my uncle - he has a DJ business. I'm not sure beyond that what ceremony music will be yet. Considering having my friends sing a duet - they are fabulous.
    Do you have your dress yet?  Hoping to tackle that Mar 3rd when my mom comes back from Arizona
    Florist ? No clue. I'm still researching....flowers or diy.

• @butterflyjumper... that is great advice! I'm leaning towards reception (food/drink) and photographer as my must have's.
  • We did the same thing as butterflyjumper; decided in the beginning the things we should splurge/save on. You should probably move the fastest on those things that are most important to you. Congratulations on your engagement!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! Congratulations!!! Do your guests know you're engaged yet? You might want to send out save the dates so that they are prepared for your wedding invitations. Have you thought about favors? Also have you thought about the ceremony? Officiant and vows I mean. That's what my major hangup is at the moment :-)
  • Welcome and congrats!  

I would definitely tackle food and ceremony first as well as dress and wedding party.  Best of luck.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards