Students

Is this appropriate to attend? Please help - especially Healthcare pp

I am debating if its appropriate to go to journal club tonight.  It is being co-hosted by the residency program I ranked 2nd (and I got my 1st choice) and the ambulance company I've been with for over 7 years.  I was invited through a mass mailing to the ambulance company.  Should I go???

Re: Is this appropriate to attend? Please help - especially Healthcare pp

• I don't really think this is a question of appropriateness. You are a big girl, if you want to go to a journal club, then you go. If you don't want to go, then you don't.
  • I don't understand the question here. It's a club and you were invited to go. What more do you need?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_this-appropriate-attend-please-especially-healthcare-pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:e4fcc3af-93dc-4c2c-a648-0fb47791bb58Post:ff69e152-b74e-4692-97d6-f7eec4fc4663">Re: Is this appropriate to attend? Please help - especially Healthcare pp</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand the question here. It's a club and you were invited to go. What more do you need?
    Posted by BunnyChii[/QUOTE]

I was invited as a part of a mass invitation (as a member of the ambulance company that is physically hosting) - I rotated with these physicians and a few of them wrote my ROL, but I matched elsewhere...
  • I don't think it's inappropriate for you to attend, but I would only go if you are interested in the topic and think that it's worth your time.  Even though you didn't match with them, I don't think they'll raise an eyebrow at your attendance, and it's good to maintain good relationships for future networking (as I'm sure you know!) so I think that if anything, it will make you look eager to learn :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I 100% agree w/Laura

No conflict of interest that I can see and I agree that if you are interested in the topic then it helps out with future networking (BIG deal nowadays w/jobs being harder to find even for docs..).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_this-appropriate-attend-please-especially-healthcare-pp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:e4fcc3af-93dc-4c2c-a648-0fb47791bb58Post:af098926-3895-4eba-835d-a10f48961225">Re: Is this appropriate to attend? Please help - especially Healthcare pp</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's inappropriate for you to attend, but I would only go if you are interested in the topic and think that it's worth your time.  Even though you didn't match with them, I don't think they'll raise an eyebrow at your attendance, and it's good to maintain good relationships for future networking (as I'm sure you know!) so I think that if anything, it will make you look eager to learn :) 
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

This.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I also completely agree with Laura.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards