New York-Western

DJ Rec's

CJ sound, Whirlin Disc, Phenomenon Sound? Any information would be helpful? Did you choose one and why? Have you been to a wedding with one of them, were they good? Etc..Thanks girls!
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: DJ Rec's

• pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with both Whirlin Disc and CJ sound.  Whirlin Disc told us at our meeting that they've had lights fall on and burn people before and they don't use them anymore because of that.  It bothered me that they've injured people and I wanted lights.  Something about them was just off to me.

We ended up using CJ Sound.  They did a great job.  Our DJ, Bart, played all our must plays and MCed the night just right.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using TMD Music.  It is privately owned by a guy who worked for CJ Sound for years then went on his own he said since they do a lot of clubs and now the club scene isn't for him or those really late nights.  But we met him at the bridal show at Seneca Niagara, and he was much cheaper than the bigger companies and has great reviews.  Plus to be at the bridal show they have to be approved by the Buffalo Bridal Association which is a plus.  Obviously we haven't gotten married yet to tell you our personal experience but he has been great so far to work with. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using CJ Sound.  We picked them because they have decent prices (in my opinion), and they have the ability to hook up to our reception hall's speakers -- so no big speakers near the dance floor.
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • deecee79deecee79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Everyone I have asked has highly HIGHLY recommended CJ Sound.. I have heard nothing good about Whirlling Disc (except from the venue-planners which is not really unbiased). I have heard specifically that a WD DJ had to be told to stop smoking and come back to switch the music back on multiple times by the bride.

holy unacceptable. (that was 3 years ago so he may have been fired by now but still).

• kaleighgirl26kaleighgirl26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Signature Entertainment did my wedding 12 days ago and Mike was absolutely amazing! Not the cheapest option out there but TRUST ME I've been to a lot of wedding the last 2 years and the music makes or breaks the party so it's better to pay a little more to get the best quality. Plus they have a great website where you have the availability to chose different music (set up your must play list, do not play list, first dance, etc). They are very professional and worth every penny in my book
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_dj-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:4f428022-3423-4823-945e-8906518dc14ePost:b6b8d979-2f4e-49a0-a0e1-a32f367114d1">Re: DJ Rec's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Signature Entertainment did my wedding 12 days ago and Mike was absolutely amazing! Not the cheapest option out there but TRUST ME I've been to a lot of wedding the last 2 years and the music makes or breaks the party so it's better to pay a little more to get the best quality. Plus they have a great website where you have the availability to chose different music (set up your must play list, do not play list, first dance, etc). They are very professional and worth every penny in my book
    Posted by kaleighgirl26[/QUOTE]

<div>Glad to hear that as we are also using Signature Entertainment for our wedding this October.</div>
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • edited December 2011
    Ecstasy Sound has the same capabilities as listed above about Signature Sound.

My daughter had Rich Cranston of Ecstasy Sound at the end of June and he was Great!  They were totally happy wiht the sound, the fact that he stuck to their play list and deftly handled ridiculouos requests (didn't play them) and his emcee capabilities.

Chekc them out :-)
    http://www.rochesterdj.com/ecstasyweddings/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards