Not Engaged Yet

What do you think of this ring?

The one with the diamonds.  I think it's gorgeous but it's a little too much; like they wanted to get side diamonds and then decided "heck, let's make them the same size as the center stone."  Or maybe I'm just jealous.  Foot in mouth  What do others think?
TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Re: What do you think of this ring?

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that supposed to be the "engagement" type ring?  I wouldn't like it for that.  It looks more like a band to me since they're all the same size.  I would totally wear as it a wedding band with giant diamonds :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it's supposed to be the engagement ring since it's next to the other two rings which I assume are the his and her wedding bands.  It would be nice as an anniversary band I guess.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually don't like how the stones are spaced so far apart though.  I don't like the way that looks at all.
  • prodigalgirlprodigalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think it meant something else... like a "yesterday, today and forever" sort of ring.  I prefer a single stone to stand out on an e-ring.

It's pretty, but it doesn't scream e-ring to me.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I think that ring is ugly personally and I have a 3 stone engagement ring that I love.  I think it's odd that the stones are the same size number one and the spacing is just horrible... like the setting was made for bigger diamonds (which would be more hideous IMO).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Way too big for me. But I think that bottom woven band is kind of cool.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meh, it's nice.  Not an e-ring I would like.  I do find it weird that the stones are all the same size.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    It reminds me of a search light.
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Love both bands, especially the bottom one, but not a huge fan of the diamond one. It's way to big for my taste and I'm not liking the 3 same size diamonds... do like the bands though!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bands are nice , the diamond ring is just bleh to me. The spacing looks odd , and the fact they are all the same size just makes it look gaudy to me. But I also prefer vintage , classic simple styles as well.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It's not my style, but if a friend showed me that as their ring I'd have no problem saying it was nice.  I don't hate it, but I wouldn't pick it out.

It seems like something more of the style of an older generation (my Mom would love both that and the band).
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like the setting, it seems off.  I have seen 3 stone bands where all of the stones are the same size, which looks fine.  Usually they are put in a trellis setting. 

• edited December 2011
    NMS. I prefer solitaires.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely not my style. It's just too much for me.
  • dollface76dollface76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The diamonds being all the same size def looks weird to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I actually really like it, but I don't normally like three stone rings.  The reason I like it might be because it looks nearly exactly like Nan's ring that I lust after (ughhhhh.) except hers is in a basket style setting.  IIRC, all the diamonds are the same size in Nan's ring, but they're closer together so I don't think it looks strange.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What's going on with Nan's ring right now, Narwhal?  Any news?  Is his Nan helping you guys?

I know it's not your place to deal with it - it's your BF's and Nan's - but I'm curious!  I keep hoping for a good outcome!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_think-of-this-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:13175e1d-0059-438a-8f95-f5d20f836434Post:0d89f4ba-04bd-4e6a-bdef-8db11e75854d">Re: What do you think of this ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's going on with Nan's ring right now, Narwhal?  Any news?  Is his Nan helping you guys? I know it's not your place to deal with it - it's your BF's and Nan's - but I'm curious!  I keep hoping for a good outcome!
    Posted by catemeg[/QUOTE]

<div>Well BF talked to Nan about it.  She said that his mom needs to give it back because she promised it to him, and she was only supposed to borrow it.  I thought that was the end of it, but she has it again and won't take it off at all.  She used to alternate her rings, but not anymore.</div><div>
    </div><div>BF and I decided we aren't dealing with it anymore, there's no reason to cause a fuss over three rocks on a piece of metal.  But it is SO gorgeous and had such a nice story to it.. I would be lying if I said I'm not a bit disappointed.</div><div>
    </div><div>I honestly feel for BF's stepdad more than anything.  His mom never wears the engagement ring that he got her.  It's a really pretty pear shape aquamarine, but apparently she thinks he didn't spend enough on it, so now she wears Nan's ring in its place.</div>
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Grrr... that makes me so angry!  It isn't his Mom's ring, and it seems the only reason she's so attached to it now is that you might be getting it.  It sounds like she's insecure that her future daughter-in-law would be wearing a more expensive ring than she was given.  How petty!
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely like rings where the center stone is the biggest, so I don't like that one. Having them all the same size and that big (maybe it would have work if they were smaller?) just makes the ring look clunky.

Plus, it reminds me of those emergency lights in buildings.

• breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call me strange but I actually like it. I don't think it goes well with the band as they seem completely different but I like it. I think though, that it is one of those rings that's meant to be on its own.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's weird to have 3 stones the same size. If it was a band, that would be one thing. Or a larger center. but as is, I don't care for it. I also don't like rose gold, which at least some of the metal appears to be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I personally don't like it.  In 3 stone rings the side stones are supposed to be smaller than the center stone.  All 3 of these stones are the same size.  I find that odd...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen some cute 3 stone rings with all the diamonds the same size.  But the diamonds were pretty small. It looked really dainty. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't like it - e-ring or not. I'm not super keen on 3 stone rings to begin with, and this one is just exceptionally bad (IMO).
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear all that Narwahl , sounds very selfish of her to me , but you are being the much more mature person and couple by dealing with it in an adult manner. *hugs* Families can suck sometimes !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen a ring like this on someone, but I think it's beautiful in the picture! It's unique looking, but I'll be honest I kind of like it!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of it - the stones all being the same size I could deal with but the spacing just makes it look odd to me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That sucks Narwhal, I'm sorry she's acting that way.

My Blog

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Narwhal, lemme get my punching gloves.

I dislike that ring, it's a three stone snaggle tooth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards