California-Bay Area

Affordable photographers

Hello All!
I am looking for an affordable photographer. I will be getting married in San Rafeal. My budget is $1500. Any suggestions????
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable photographers

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer can work by the hour, $200/h.  He's based in Palo Alto, but he'll travel (although that will result in a travel fee).  Norbert von der Groben norbertwedding.com was fantastic.  My fiance loved him.  I don't have my pictures yet (just got married last week), but the whole experience with Norbert was great.
  • edited December 2011
    my friend is using Lynn Kai Chao - i think he is pretty reasonable and his photos are GREAT!
    http://iamlkc.com/

i dont know his pricing exactly, but i'm sure you can contact him for updated info!
  • annapires79annapires79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi...my cousin just did my engagement pics and he is awesome. his website is marioantoniophotography.com. And I know he has a couple of packages under $1500 =)
  • urpezyurpezy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aaa wedding in santa clara
    Jim 
    my photographer was 600. Flat fee, he photographed the ceremony and reception. The only thing extra you pay is processing fee for film. That's right film. And he gives you film so you can always make copies if you need them. He gives you two copies of all the pictures on cds. One copy of all pictures in an album and a second copy of all the pictures out of the album. 
    Our ceremony and reception were on different days and in different cities and he did both, showed up early for both and even tripled as help/coordinator for both days. At the reception he was carrying in boxes with everyone else while we were setting up tables. He wears a tux and is very outgoing not shy at all which is good for a photographer. Originally our reception was out in fresno and all he asked was that we pay for his hotel room. Then we moved it to south san francisco and he was fine just driving out for the event and not getting a room. 
    His album that he has showing his work is kind of old, most pictures look like they are from the 80 or 90's. But from the pictures you get the idea of his work. 
    Our biggest thing was getting the negatives b/c getting copies of your pictures can end up being just as expensive as your photographer. 
    We got our pictures back from jim about 2 weeks after the wedding. He really works with you and tries to make things work with out charging all kinds extra. 
    I would recommend checking him out before you pick another expensive photographer out.
  • edited December 2011
    What is Jim's company name or website?  I would like to check him out for my wedding, thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Andrew Steele Photography is beyond affordable. He is a good friend of mine, but he treated me like any client and gave me what he gives all his clients. If your budget is under $1000 he is the guy for you. I love his photos and he is 100% professional and timely.

http://www.andrewsteelephotography.com/file/Welcome.html
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED my photographer, Julie Cheshire. She had amazing pictures and was completely a doll to deal with. She is super easygoing and always willing to try new ideas and new places. I can't say enough good things about her. We got an upgraded package for $2150, but I think she is pretty flexible with working with clients.

www.juliecheshire.com
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I used Jerry Lee photography (www.jerryleephotography.com). He did our engagement pics and wedding. Very professional, friendly and affordable.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer starts agt $1695 for 5 hours, and you get so much for the price.  His name is Steve Keegan, and he's a wedding photojournalist.  I love the way he captures all the little moments.  More info about him and details on his prices are on his website at http://www.stevekeegan.com. He is based out of the Tahoe area but travels to the Bay Area.  The price includes his travel as well.  HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards