Getting in Shape

Dancing with the Scale

I just weighed myself and saw weight loss I wasn't expecting (easter candy is out...).

So I weighed myself again, and it was less (in the same spot).  So I just did a tour of my bathroom with my scale in differnt places, trying to make sure I keep the same footing and posture...and I might weigh one of 3 different things.

Either way, it seems like a loss. I'll find out at WW tonight.  No Cadbury eggs or Jelly beans this week. So..good.

Re: Dancing with the Scale

• I just weighed myself and saw weight loss I wasn't expecting (easter candy is out...).

So I weighed myself again, and it was less (in the same spot).  So I just did a tour of my bathroom with my scale in differnt places, trying to make sure I keep the same footing and posture...and I might weigh one of 3 different things.

Either way, it seems like a loss. I'll find out at WW tonight.  No Cadbury eggs or Jelly beans this week. So..good.</~root~>
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• My scale does that from time to time too. I find myself checking a few times, and sometimes moving it, sometimes not (depends on if I am happy with it or not, lol). I found putting a board underneath helps- just a 2 inch or so thick cut underneath the whole bottom to even it out.  Good thing you have a backup plan :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Yeah maybe a board will help. Maybe my floor is uneven. My backup plan is the weight watchers meeting. They tell you not to weigh yourself during the week, but I do. I just didn't expect to lose a pound so I didn't believe it.
  • I've been reading some of the posts on this board and I appreciate them. I hope people don't mind if I just jump in? I particularly appreciate the accountability on here.

I gained 60 lbs in 2 years... I moved back to the east coast, joined weight watchers and lost 30...and then just stopped going and gained a lot back...so joined again and realize how sick I am of losing the same 20 lbs over and over again.

I'm down 20 again, but still up 40 to catch up with myself from a few years ago....and then I have more to take off after that.  Small goals at a time though, right?

Right now my problem is working out. I was doing it for a few months very actively and then I got really sick with horrible asthma for a few months....but I've been totally fine for a few weeks and haven't done anything still. So this week, my goal is to bring that back in.

• Absolutely you should just jump in! We love when people participate in accountability.

It's really tough when you keep gaining and losing, but it sounds like you have the right mindset. So long as you're in it for the long run I think you'll find success :)
  • Yup, welcome aboard!

I have regular fights with my scale too - I gain and lose the same three pounds every week, regardless of what I do or eat. I'm almost at the point where I want to stop using it, but sadly, when I stopped using it before, the weight started to pile on. I've lost 30-40lbs (again, I can't give an accurate number because I don't know where I started), and i've worked for every single one of those pounds. I've been stuck here for months and months, and am not happy with my lack of progress. I'm changing things up and will see if that helps.

stick around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am still pretty new here myself.  I have gone through the same thing as well.  Lost 85lbs a few years ago just to have life crap all over me, to which my response was to gain it all back plus a few.  So now, here I am.  I've lost 42 over the last year, 30+t of which was last year around springtime via mostly changes in food, plus exercising, which became overexercising and overdieting, which lead to a plateau for months on end- about 6-8 months of plateau, until I found this group and started using MFP at their recommendation.  Finally I have a good idea of how many calories my body actually needs, and how much work I am actually doing when I work out as well.  I've lost 7 since starting MFP so far in about 3 weeks, which I'm hoping continues steadily.  You'll get your exercise back, start small, and start with things you prefer.  If you dive 100% into the most challenging crazy workouts that aren't really 'your' thing to start with, you'll end up hating the whole idea of working out and get into f*** it mode, which is no place to start.  Pat yourself on the back for the small things, and then build from there.  That's my sort of logic anyway. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards