August 2014 Weddings

Venue and Caterer.. CHECK.

SO thrilled to be able to say that we have found our venue and caterer! 

I've been in love with our venue since my Dad and Stepmom got married there a few years ago. We toured some venues last weekend and it was by far our favorite one. It includes so many things, too. With our venue, we get: Ceremony/Reception space, linens, DJ, Limo, Sparkler Senf-off, both our Bride's and Groom's Cakes, Bar package, Day-of Coordinator, and Appetizer trays for our separate rooms while we are getting ready.

We decided on Carino's for our caterer. We both LOVE Italian food, and it was a really inexpensive option. Only $10 per person! 

OH! Our invitations were designed this past week as well! A wonderful friend of mine designs invitations and save the dates for a living, and she graciously designed ours for us! We just have to take the digital copy to whatever printer we choose. 

I am now working on getting a rough draft guest list going. FI is saying I'm getting TOO ahead of myself, but I think I'm on a good roll. Less stress I'll have later on, right?

Re: Venue and Caterer.. CHECK.

• I feel like I'm really lazy...we have been engaged since November and have only gotten our venue and church. Should I be doing more at this point?
  • You are perfectly fine where you're at right now. I'm just jumping way ahead of myself, honestly. 

I'd really suggest using The Knot's checklist as a guideline for what you should be doing around what time. :]
  • Wow arent we ahead of ourselves...seems like all you need now is a wedding party LOL

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• YAY! Congrats. We are super ahead here too but I'm hoping it reduces the stress later. Plus it allows us to pay over time, research great deals, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards