Wedding Woes

What to do when bride and groom's families don't get along

I am engaged one month today. I should feel great about it but instead I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

My family was extremely hurt by things my FH's family said about them, myself and my FH on Facebook. My family is very angry and almost refused to come to the wedding because they felt they couldn't handle being in the same room with his family. They have since agreed to come to the wedding, but will not speak to his family.

We still have eight months till our wedding, but I have some worries...

I have a Maid of Honor and a Matron of Honor for my wedding party, I orginally was going to have his two sisters as well, but I have changed my mind and decided on no family being in the wedding.

What do I do about such things as Bridal Shower and Rehersal Dinner. I'm sure we can forgo the rehersal dinner and just take the three people in our bridal party out to dinner to give them their gifts and such. But what about the Bridal Shower???

I don't think my two MOHs can afford to throw me a big shower. What do I do about the women in my family and his? Do I only invite my close friends and coworkers to my shower which is about a dozen people?

Please help me out!!!!!

Re: What to do when bride and groom's families don't get along

• Don't have a shower. Problem solved.
  • [QUOTE]I don't think my two MOHs can afford to throw me a big shower. What do I do about the women in my family and his? Do I only invite my close friends and coworkers to my shower which is about a dozen people? Please help me out!!!!!
    Posted by dvscreations269[/QUOTE]

if they can't afford it, then they won't do it.  this is not your problem, unless you are a greedy little pig.  please advise if you are; if so, i have different advise for you.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

My thoughts too Zilla.  Your families don't speak because of something on FB and you are worried about who to invite to a shower?

How does your FI feel about the things his family said?

• What did they say?  I can't be the only one who's wondering.
  • Your families aren't speaking because of bullshit that happened on facebook and you're worried about a shower? Thank goodness you have your priorities in order. It certainly sounds like this marriage is destined to last.
  • edited August 2010
    I obviously did not explain myself correctly and I am the furthest from a bridezilla bitch.

Just forget it!

Thanks for the insults!!! It's exactly what I need!!!Yell
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bride-grooms-families-dont-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:23d558e9-9f9f-4b24-ab3a-68c6350b3464Post:79fcc544-7dfe-4f1a-a25d-bb2f19c10dde">Re: What to do when bride and groom's families don't get along</a>:
    [QUOTE]I obviously did not explain myself correctly and I am the furthest from a bridezilla bitch. Just forget it! Thanks for the insults!!! It's exactly what I need!!!
    Posted by dvscreations269[/QUOTE]

<div>No one called you a bridezilla, they did question your priorities regarding a bridal shower when you have family not speaking. Perhaps if you better explained this situation, we could help.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards