Missouri-Kansas City

Flower Girl 'Invite'

This is the basket I'm giving my flower girl...asking her to be in the wedding.  She's fiance's cousin and 5 years old.  There's a photo album that I will help her make of pictures she has taken at the wedding, a card I hand made with a poem officially asking her to be my flower girl, a candle, lotion, lip gloss, and nail polish.  I threw in some hugs and kisses and will add a single flower in the middle before I give it to her.  I'm hoping to see her this weekend.  (Since we are out of town, I obviously haven't added teh flower yet.) 

I'm planning to make something similar for my bridesmaids, which I haven't officially asked yet.  I'm using the same general idea for there's only I'll probably add a few more "adult" things rather than the little girl type things.  But who knows, I may go ahead with the same things.  What girl doesn't like nail polish and lip gloss?!?  lol!  Let me know what you think?  Do I need to add anything?  Have I forgotten anything?  Is this totally stupid and shouldn't go through with it?  Any comments?

Re: Flower Girl 'Invite'

• edited December 2011
    That is such a cute idea! I didn't even think of doing anything like that! I makes me want to officially ask my bridesmaids and flowergirl like that!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, this is so cute! My flower girl is 4 and she always tells me everytime I see her that she's been praciticing and is ready for the wedding! I'm sure your flower girl will be as excited as mine is!
  • LadyZyLadyZy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a fantastic idea. She will feel very special!
  • tracy_irbtracy_irb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love the idea and think you are being creative & thoughtful! For the bridesmaid's you might consider adding fabric or paper samples of the wedding colors.  Depending on how far off the wedding is you could also put in hair accessories (if chosen) or a few different ones (rhinestone clips, flowers etc) to get their feedback. If they are all local, I would have/host a lunch with all of the bmaids and give the baskets at the same time.

I can't wait to see other posts of things you are doing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards