Snarky Brides

Good morning!!

2»

Re: Good morning!!

• I really shouldnt complain since they are really cool about my sched and drs appts and stuff, but there is a mutiny afoot in that place.  Lots of the full timers are bullshit about the favoritism getting out of control.  People are leaving etc and hopefully some changes are coming, but im not getting my hopes up.  I only work a few shifts a week and it aggravates me, I can only imagine what its like for them being there 6 days a week.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:921519ce-7dcf-40dc-b544-f27493daecfc">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate double standards in the work place. My old principal was big on them. I didn't have to worry about anything because he liked me but he would get on some teachers for the same thing that other teachers did. Everyone knew it and everyone was also glad when he left to go principal another school.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

There's a new girl at my job that's seriously fvcked up and she pulls all kinds of crap and gets away with it. (Did I mention she's new?)

I told my boss a few weeks ago that by allowing her to get away with whatever she wants he's setting a precedent for everyone else to pretty much do the same thing. He looked at me like I had two heads and then I had to explain selective enforcement to him. He's not the brightest lightbulb in the box.
    imageimage
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning all!

I told my boss yesterday about the baby (or as H calls it, "wee baby Seamus", which he got from the show Archer). He seemed shocked and kind of pissed. Yes, I know there is a ton of stuff going on right now, and I know the next few months are going to be hectic and hard, but it's not like we planned for the baby to happen so soon. But it also can't be THAT much of a shock when he promoted me, knowing that I had been with my H (boyfriend at the time) for over six years. Then he knew I was getting married. The next logical thing to happen (in the long run), might just be a baby.

So I get that he's thinking ahead and about what it means for the store, but damn, act a little happy for me.

Geez. Sorry, rant over. Luckily, I'm telling my mom tomorrow, and I know I'll get a better reaction out of her.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sewf you told you boss already?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:1bfc9b12-4720-4248-91ee-d0bc9f853c8d">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sewf you told you boss already?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this. I tried to keep everything a secret in real life for as long as possible.<div>
    </div><div>My boss was a dickk like that. He asked me if I was sure I wanted to get married and I know he would have been an ass about the pregnancy if he were still my boss.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    SEWF hopefully your boss will warm up quickly.  Though I have to admit I had the same initial reaction as Blue - seems a little early to be telling your boss.  But what's done is done.  

How have you been feeling so far?
  • I'm surprised you told already, too, SEWF.  They really have no 'right' to know that information.  I told my boss around 14 weeks, and only because we were planning our summer on-call schedule. I tried to front-load mine in case I'm out at all in August. 

Blue, you've been there 2 years?? Weird. I can remember when you started! 

And because you all care so much about the weather in MN... it's now 80*. at 11:30. it was 62* this morning at 7am.  So much for hoping they'd be wrong about that 90* high. My a/c is set at 72 and it's about 76 in the house.  I just keep reminding myself this is the last day it has to work. 
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Theres a grocery store in the area having their annual $1 sale. Not everything is $1, but a LOT is - salad dressing, some vegetables, other stuff we need. Then I want to read and veg. Im hell bent on finishing the book im reading now and starting a new one before the end of the month so that I can absolutely smoke adam in our tally for may. May is going to have been my most productive reading month so far this year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards