South Carolina-Charleston

Bridal Shops?

Hi girls,

I am hoping that y'all can give me recommendations for bridal shops in the area, I've been reading vendor reviews and Bridals by Jodi seems to be a favorite, but a lot of people don't post where they got their gown.

I'm an out of town bride, but since the only absolute constant in our lives through the wedding will be Charleston, I'm thinking that I'd like to get a dress in town.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Re: Bridal Shops?

• Cindy at Bridal House of Charleston in Mt. Pleasant was very helpful and nice to work with.  They also have a very nice selection of gowns.  White on Daniel Island is nice to go to for an "upscale" bridal experience!    Lula kate will custom make you a gown...so that could be fun if you're a trusting soul!!  :)   Modern Trousseau was nice too!
    Good Luck

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:a7dabdcd-7ff5-4572-96e4-21d8a85e96d0Post:e8a1c6b5-7884-4adf-a5ab-4332d0ad2601">Re: Bridal Shops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cindy at Bridal House of Charleston in Mt. Pleasant was very helpful and nice to work with.  They also have a very nice selection of gowns.  White on Daniel Island is nice to go to for an "upscale" bridal experience!    Lula kate will custom make you a gown...so that could be fun if you're a trusting soul!!  :)   Modern Trousseau was nice too! Good Luck
    Posted by kmtrzcinski[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I didn't know Lula Kate would do custom gowns! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:a7dabdcd-7ff5-4572-96e4-21d8a85e96d0Post:f3ff82aa-dd41-4b51-99d4-3da29e46db29">Bridal Shops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi girls, I am hoping that y'all can give me recommendations for bridal shops in the area, I've been reading vendor reviews and Bridals by Jodi seems to be a favorite, but a lot of people don't post where they got their gown. I'm an out of town bride, but since the only absolute constant in our lives through the wedding will be Charleston, I'm thinking that I'd like to get a dress in town. Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Posted by lizlovescupcakes[/QUOTE]

As another OOT bride, I actually am glad I bought my dress close to where I am. When it came in I had to try it on in a certain amount of time (salons need to do this to ensure if there is an issue they can take care of it with the designer in a timely manner), and most salons will not hold your dress. Making arrangements for alterations were also so much easier at home.

I just asked for recommendations for a dry cleaner to steam my dress when we arrived.

Good Luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:a7dabdcd-7ff5-4572-96e4-21d8a85e96d0Post:cc0b76ca-6819-4d52-ac21-773ec2fae0aa">Re: Bridal Shops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bridal Shops? : As another OOT bride, I actually am glad I bought my dress close to where I am. When it came in I had to try it on in a certain amount of time (salons need to do this to ensure if there is an issue they can take care of it with the designer in a timely manner), and most salons will not hold your dress. Making arrangements for alterations were also so much easier at home. I just asked for recommendations for a dry cleaner to steam my dress when we arrived. Good Luck.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I've considered this from all angles... The issue is that I will most likely not be living where I am now any further out than 7 months before the wedding. His parents live in Mt. Pleasant, and I'm sure they'd be willing to stash the dress in a closet if necessary. I wish I could get a dress here, but it's just too risky.</div><div>Ultimately, I may end up getting something custom made, and that will probably be in Florida, where my parents are! It's really an absurd situation :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:a7dabdcd-7ff5-4572-96e4-21d8a85e96d0Post:a661bb4a-139e-411b-84dc-4a922c9dd8c5">Re: Bridal Shops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Shops? : Yeah, I've considered this from all angles... The issue is that I will most likely not be living where I am now any further out than 7 months before the wedding. His parents live in Mt. Pleasant, and I'm sure they'd be willing to stash the dress in a closet if necessary. I wish I could get a dress here, but it's just too risky. Ultimately, I may end up getting something custom made, and that will probably be in Florida, where my parents are! It's really an absurd situation :)
    Posted by lizlovescupcakes[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've thought it out and I agree with moving around you'd be better off leaving it with your parents. Good Luck!

BTW- I used Micheals in Mt. Pleasant to steam my dress, they did a wonderful job.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_bridal-shops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:a7dabdcd-7ff5-4572-96e4-21d8a85e96d0Post:a28d7675-c2cb-4de5-878b-d7efef6d3d79">Re: Bridal Shops?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Shops? : Sounds like you've thought it out and I agree with moving around you'd be better off leaving it with your parents. Good Luck! BTW- I used Micheals in Mt. Pleasant to steam my dress, they did a wonderful job.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I had to figure that out - my whole situation is such a catch-22 - but I think ultimately it's the right decision.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the tip! I'll probably need it... :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards