Maine

Is anyone using a caterer?

i'm wondering what the average price is for a caterer?

i'm going to have about 100 people at my wedding maybe a little less. I need alcohol service too.

any referrals would be appreciated too!

Re: Is anyone using a caterer?

• edited December 2011
    well, you can chose a caterer based on your budget and most will work around your budget wilthin reason. It all depends on what you want to serve etc.

I've heard good things about Belle Fete catering.

I used the budgeting tool on theknot...you enter in your total budget and it will tell you approx. how much you should spend per person.
  • kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Blue Elephant catering out of Saco, ME.  The food was great and the staff was very professional.  We didn't use them for bar service so I can't speak to that.  I felt like they could build a menu based on any budget and had several options depending on whether you want a buffet, stations, plated meal, etc.

We had a lot of food (several passed hors d'oeuvres, Veggie Crudite station, Fruit & Cheese display, a plated dinner, coffee & cake) all for $58pp.
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Keeley the Katerer's hall - they also do catering.
    They had the best prices I'd come across in my research, and their food is VERY GOOD!
  • edited December 2011

We're using Black Tie Cathering in Portland and they've been great so far!  And I know Verillos just got bought out (in Portland) and I don't know the new name but they also did catering very reasonably. 

• edited December 2011
    I second Black Tie! Paula from BT is incredible! She has so many cute, fun, and yummy ideas. You can get a print out of their offerings on their website (warning: it's very lengthy, but that's a good thing!) plus, anything you can dream up, they will do. It's not your run-of-the-mill wedding food--although they'll do it if that's your taste. Just tell them your budget and they will work with you.
  • dmartineau1dmartineau1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dont answer this if your not comfortable of course...but our budget is about 1700 for food and drink (we arent paying for alchohol just the servers) did anyone else spend around that or less? if so what does/did your menu look like?

• edited December 2011
    I'd definitely try Keeleys.. they had great prices! If I could have chosen my caterer (it came with the venue) then I would have gone with them!
  • edited December 2011
    We just met with the Blue Elephant yesterday and they were fantastic! They were full of fantastic ideas and super nice! They seem to be willing to work with any budget. I'd give them a call. 
  • edited December 2011
    we also are using black tie co (btw paula left black tie last weeks) where in maine are you getting married? one of the largest expense with caterering is staffing and traveling(as we are having our wedding 2 hours from portland) my menu isnt even close to standard but after staffing,travel, and food we are at around 11,000 for 45 people. dont let that number scare you please, thats not an average numbers. we are having raw bars, waygu beef, seabass in feb, ice sculptures,sushi hand rolled to order and someother stuff... they do anything. also consider providing liquer yourself and have the caterer contract out a bartender, we a re also doing this as i cant see paying 6+ for a drink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards