Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaids but no groomsmen?

We are having a very small wedding.  We are expecting no more than 40 people.  I have 4 close friends that I would love to have in the wedding but my fiance doesn't have any guys he is close enough with to be his groomsmen.  He says he is ok not having any groomsmen.  How can I include the girls in the wedding?  Is it weird to have bridesmaids with no groomsmen?  I'm looking for a unique way to use them if they arent bridesmaids.

Karly

Re: Bridesmaids but no groomsmen?

• Options
    It's fine to have one and not the other.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    It's fine to have uneven sides but does he have any women he is close to?  A sister or friend?  Your friends can also do readings as well.  While uneven sides are okay I do think 4 to 0 will look a little funny.
  • Options
    Not only don't sides have to be even, it's totally okay for one or both of you not to have any attendants.  You can have whoever you'd like as a bridesmaid even if there are no groomsmen.
  • Options
    Hi @kbrazda808 Its one way or the other, but it would be better if you have both sides present on your wedding, but as what you have said its unique to have on bridesmaids with no groomsmen, or groomsmen without bridesmaids. Its your Wedding after all. Cheers ! Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaids-but-no-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:13fb5f53-274a-4186-9d2a-8ad16deb858dPost:cc1da81c-0a31-4528-b36a-9a6d9fbbf9ba">Re: Bridesmaids but no groomsmen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi @kbrazda808 Its one way or the other, but it would be better if you have both sides present on your wedding, but as what you have said its unique to have on bridesmaids with no groomsmen, or groomsmen without bridesmaids. Its your Wedding after all. Cheers !
    Posted by georgiamiller00[/QUOTE]

<div>Huh? Why would it be better to have both sides present?</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, it is perfectly fine if you would like to have BMs even if your FI has no GMs.  If you want all of these girls to be BMs, go for it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I really wish that a friend of mine had done this.  She was a BM in my wedding last summer, but I am not a BM in hers this summer.  The reason that she gave is that her FI only has one person he wanted to ask to be a GM, so she is only going to have one BM as well (her sister).  Now, I am completely fine not being a BM, as I understand that being in a WP is not tit for tat.  However, when she explained it to me, she said that like she really wanted to have me and another one of her friends be BMs but couldn't handle the idea of uneven sides.  I'm hurt by this, because she doesn't value having me as a BM enough to have uneven sides.  So, if you want to honor these girls by making them BMs, I say go for it and don't worry about uneven sides.</div>
  • Options
    What is the most important to your day is having the people you love up there with you.  Numbers are besides the point, and any photographer worth the money you pay them will make the photos look natural no matter what the ratio is.  (And think about it, do you really count sides when you look at people's wedding photos?)

Ignore the poster who said it is 'better' to have people on both sides is crazy.  Don't value vapid and shallow crap over relationships in your wedding, it sets a bad tone.  People who value numbers over relationships are cray cray.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I was at a wedding last spring that had, like, 10 bridesmaids (and the bride's brother) and no groomsmen. It was the girl, all her BMs, her family, the groom, and his parents. And that's it! It was beautiful and no one thought twice about it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards