Vineyard Weddings
Options

Most exciting DIY vineyard project? We made our wine!

So, I saw a post earlier about livening up the board and I decided to do my part. The question was basically, "what project are you most excited/proud about?" and I thought..."I guess I have something pretty cool to share!"

We made the wine for our wedding. We're getting married at a vineyard, not a winery, so we have the option of bringing in two bottles of wine per table instead of having a bar. My friend's parents own a custom winery in the St. Louis, Missouri area (no I don't work there, I'm just plugging them because this is pretty awesome!). We got to make two different kinds of wine, really reasonably priced, and we'll have a custom label with an engagement pic on each type of wine! We're incorporating it into our centerpieces...practical and unique, right? 

Here's the link to their winery: http://www.vintnerscellarofallon.com/ 

What other fun ideas have you all come up with? Vineyard weddings have so many fun possibilities!

Re: Most exciting DIY vineyard project? We made our wine!

• Options
    Wow!!!  I am so excited for you!  That sounds like such an awesome project and a really sweet (and definitely cheaper) way to add your own personal touch to the day.  Very cool!  I would love to do something like that myself.  Definitely have to look into it.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    OH my goodness!!! How great!!!

So my fiance and I live in St Louis and we are definitely going to have to go check out their winery!!! I can't wait!!!

I can't wait to hear more about the vineyard/winery details of your wedding!!!!
  • Options
    Aww, thanks!! I'm glad you like it! Really fun stuff, but still practical. :) What other fun things have you all done?
  • Options
    Thats a great idea! Thats so exciting! you should save a bottle and open it up on your 1 year anniversary!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    the cork place card holders: we will make them, and use corks from our vineyard

i want to make a wine themed card holder, but cant find one big enough

bought the personalized napkins

Table numbers will be types of wine rather than table #'s, ie: Table Zinfindel, using the winery label

Wedding is in May 2011... still have time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards