Michigan-Detroit

emergency venue change...

We are looking to get married Sept 23 of this year and we had it all planned out including deposits down but we found out 2 weeks ago that my mom has cancer and will be undergoing chemo therapy and would not be able to travel the 2.5-3 hrs to our original venue.  We have already lost our deposits for the original places and so we are a little shorter on cash now and are having to re think and re budget everything to accomodate my mom. We are now looking for places around Belleville and our budget has been cut to about $3000 with aprox 75 people that we already sent "save-the-date" cards to.

If anyone has ANY suggestions, please feel free to give them because right now I am so over-whelmed I am out of ideas. :(

Re: emergency venue change...

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am so sorry to hear about your mom, I am sending T&P's to you and your family.

I don't know of any venues off the top of my head, but I am sure if you want to do just immediate family only, the rest of the guests would understand.

Or do a reception not around meal time and serve cake and punch, or light appetizers?
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your mom :(

In Ypsilanti, Sidetracks offers their sister space, Frenchie's as an event space. There is no charge for the use of the space and they have excellent food.

Also in Ypsilanti, the Corner Brewery rents either their lounge or beer garden space. The lounge is especially reasonably priced and you can bring in any outside licensed catering (multiple options here but some include food from Sidetrack's, Aubree's, or another nearby restaurant or traditional catering like Angel Food Catering located in downtown Ypsilanti). It's the same deal with the Queen's Residence Bed and Breakfast in Ypsilanti.

In Canton, there's Summit on the Park. All of these spaces will accommodate 75 people and with some careful planning, I think you'd be able to do it for $3,000.

My fiance has shot a weddings at the Corner Brewery and The Queen's Residence. Both were beautiful, intimate weddings. If you'd like to see photos, let me know :)

• Just thought of a couple more possibilities! Are there any golf courses with banquet facilities near Belleville?

My fiance also shot a wedding at Wiard's Orchards in Ypsilanti. I'm not sure of the cost, but the couple used the large pavilion space and took photos around the orchards and "country fair" area.
  • So sorry to hear about your Mother. You all will be in my thoughts.

I don't know the Belleville area at all, but I"m sure others will provide some input.

Good luck dear.
  • I don't have any suggestions for you but want to send out good vibes, your mom and family will be in my prayers.
  • Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions.  We actually just found the queens inn information the night I posted this so we are going to be looking into there and the summit I did stop by there the other day and they told me thier minimum was 100 people. :(  I like the appetizers idea, I never even considered that one and the other venues suggested, we will definately be checking out. 
    I can't tell you how much all your prayers and thoughts mean to us also, it kinda hit us out of the blue so its been a scary adjustment since I just lost my dad in Feb to cancer.
    I wish you all the best and again, thank you so much for the time you ladies took to help me out. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards