Alabama

Anyone else not using caterer?

I'm not hiring a caterer for our outdoor wedding in Oct. A friend of the family is bbq'ing and different people are making diffent items such as punch, cake, dips, beans, potato salad etc.
Just wondering how you were going to go about having the food setup when there arent any caterers there.... hire "day of" servers? The reception is going to be outside and the reception space is visible from the ceremony. It would be wierd to have the food out before the ceremony and I do not want my family having to rush to the reception and get eveything ready while everyone is viewing the reception space.....HELP!
Just let the guest wait after the ceremony till the food is set out and ready? any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else not using caterer?

• edited December 2011
    My FMIL is catering our wedding and she is hiring day-of servers to set up and clean up.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we thought about not having one but we decided against it and are having one it would just be better for us
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Do you have a DOC?  If so, they should be able to help you manage this.  I am actually a planner in the area, and I have people that I can hire to work with me in situations like these.  I would assume other planners can do this as well.  If you don't have one, I would definitely recommend getting one.   I always recommend a DOC anyway, but since you are deciding against a caterer, I would definitely have a DOC to help oversee this. It will make your and your families' day much more enjoyable.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    We are having BBQ catered from Jim N' Nicks. We hired 2 servers through them who will take care of the serving/set up/take down. They charge $15/hour per server but it is worth it to me to not have the hassle or worry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards