California-Los Angeles

Best Stores for Wedding Dress Shopping?

Hi ladies!!

Sorry if this topic has already been posted, but I wasn't able to find any recent ones so I thought I'd start a new one. I'm looking for some great locations in LA/OC for wedding dress shopping. My mom is flying in on Saturday just for the day and I want to be as productive as possible.  So far I have an appointment at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa, and one at La Soie in Torrance. I'd ideally like to book one more.  

I am looking for a place that has a lot of selections both dress-wise and price-wise. I've heard Mon Amie has a huge selection, so it was the first one I booked.  I've gotten a recommendation for Jinny's in the OC, but after reading some reviews online, there seems to be mixed emotions about their customer service, and I heard they rip all the tags out of the dresses and don't tell you designer/price unless you commit to buying. I also went to Panache in Beverly Hills to help a friend try on her dresses, and I wasn't completely impressed with the selection or price points. Any other suggestions out there? I'm doing a lot of research on my end but would love to hear from some of you girls who have already been through the process.

Thanks!!!

Re: Best Stores for Wedding Dress Shopping?

• katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just purchased and pick up my wedding gown from alfred angelo. i loved his selection i tried on about 7 dresses. they were super helpful and amazing. the only thing i didnt like/understand i had to get a trumphit with my gown (mermaid style) and i didnt bring the one i bought so i was going to use theirs when i tried it one but they only had one as a sample so idk about that but they are super helpful and have everything else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at David's Bridal....I also went to Mariposa Boutique which was really nice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • shalomizardshalomizard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_stores-wedding-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:cc90ecc7-523c-459f-a784-bd3910a3f56ePost:2ac1e550-4581-48f1-a22c-4eaca5a8a70a">Re: Best Stores for Wedding Dress Shopping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just purchased and pick up my wedding gown from alfred angelo. i loved his selection i tried on about 7 dresses. they were super helpful and amazing. the only thing i didnt like/understand i had to get a trumphit with my gown (mermaid style) and i didnt bring the one i bought so i was going to use theirs when i tried it one but they only had one as a sample so idk about that but they are super helpful and have everything else.
    Posted by katzluv88[/QUOTE]
     <div>I had a horribe experience with Alfred Angelo.  But don't just take my word for it, take the 1.5 stars on yelp</div><div><a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/alfred-angelo-beverly-hills-2#query:Alfred%20Angelo%20Bridal">http://www.yelp.com/biz/alfred-angelo-beverly-hills-2#query:Alfred%20Angelo%20Bridal</a></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • tampuratampura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Second vote for Mariposa in Anaheim!  They were so very sweet and helpful, and have a good selection of dresses.  Most were between $1000 and $2000.  Watters, Enzoani, etc.
  • michsancmichsanc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I enjoyed my experience at "The Wedding Day" in fountain valley....just said Yes a couple of weeks ago
    Anniversary
  • GreenEyes005GreenEyes005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had an excellent experience at The White Dress in Corona Del Mar...ask for Brielle; she was helpful, listened, and paid attention to style that fit one's body shape.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you considered renting your dress at all? I know its different but I found an amazing couture gown from Max Chaoul that retailed in the then thousands...I could never afford that. I went to one night affair just to see what it was all about and I couldnt be happier. I eneded up renting my dress and veil for the wedding day for a fraction of the cost. I definitely had to do some searching but it was worth it to me since I have no use for my wedding dress to hang lonely in my closet...Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ... LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • mOKOdmOKOd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kay's Bridal in Simi Valley...Jodi was my consultant and she was awesome.
    My mother always used to say: "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." --Betty White as Rose Nylund
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much ladies! So many great suggestions! I can't wait to "Say Yes to the Dress"!!! 
  • KfmarriedKfmarried member
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Lovella Bridal in Glendale.  (Was called Jobynas when I got my dress.) 

And I had an excellent experience at Lili Bridals in the valley for my veil. 

Got my bridesmaids dresses from Alfred Angelo.  It was less than stellar at the Beverly Hills location. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • LibraShawnLibraShawn member
    edited December 2011

I went to Alfred Angelo (Beverly Hills) this past weekend, I was nervous about my appointment due to the 1 star rating that they received on yelp. A woman by the name of Valerie helped me and she was nice. I tried on a few dresses but that was my first stop and want to try other places.... My bridesmaid dresses are being ordered from La Soie in Pasadena, when you come back from the location in Torrance please post again so we know how it went....happy you made this post because I am frantically looking for a dress!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yinyang212yinyang212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Priscilla of Boston is going out of business and has a store in Beverly Hills. I was there last week and they still had a pretty good selection of samples for 70% off! Two of my friends got their dresses for under $1500! They still had a good range of sizes too. You should check out their website and give the store a call to see if they have sizes available. Considering that they are closing down, they still have excellent customer service. The only draw back is that you'll be purchasing a floor sample and have to get alterations done elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards