Offbeat Weddings

489 Days to Go - Already Freaked Out!

We're getting married in 489 days and I'm already stressed about the planning.

The thought of shopping for a dress horrifies me. We've booked our ceremony venue but I'm worried about whether or not my somewhat incontinent mother will be able to make it to the restroom near (not at) the venue (assuming the weather is decent; if not, we will have to move the wedding to an old mission church at a fort where the bathroom will be even farther away and the path there is not very wheelchair friendly).

Will the weather be decent enough to have our outdoor beach side pizza party reception? If not, what's plan B?

WTH. I'm not /good/ at planning things. I don't /like/ planning things. We're only inviting 30 people (which is about 30 people more than I would ideally like to invite) .... it shouldn't be this stressful.

When we started talking about getting married it was going to be me and him and Elvis in Vegas.Smile  Now it has gotten more complicated, more complicated than I would like it to be.

Gah!!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 489 Days to Go - Already Freaked Out!

• My advice is to take one thing at a time. You have plenty of time to take things slow right now. I planned my wedding in a year and 3 months and there were a lot of months where I didn't have anything to do. You can do this. You have us and the rest of TK to help you too. Baby steps.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Ditto PP, I started planning at a year and 2 months and I'm at a point now where I'm fairly bored as far as planning is concerned because there's not much for me to do right now, lol.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • We were engaged for almost 2 years before we got married.  There was about a year where I din't do anything wedding-related.  You have plenty of time to work out all the details, and we are always here for advice should you need it.  Planning your wedding should be fun and exciting!  Just take it one step at a time.

I also found that wine helps.  Wine and cheesecake.  :)
    Anniversary Visit The Nest! my read shelf:
    Margot's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • you can do it girl! bounce your ideas off of us! we're happy to help.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_489-days-already-freaked-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:32588f27-8957-43cf-a35f-5d2ad019a39cPost:779aa6fc-2c3d-4ce5-a7a5-27b41f91750c">Re: 489 Days to Go - Already Freaked Out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were engaged for almost 2 years before we got married.  There was about a year where I din't do anything wedding-related.  You have plenty of time to work out all the details, and we are always here for advice should you need it.  Planning your wedding should be fun and exciting!  Just take it one step at a time. I also found that wine helps.  <strong>Wine and cheesecake.  :)</strong>
    Posted by ~Tuck~[/QUOTE]
    Yesssss. Exactly. I was freaking out about our budget a little last night, trying to see how we would pull it together with less than 4 months to go. I had a glass of wine & the world looked much better.<div>
    </div><div>Breathe...it's gonna be okay.</div>
  • yes!  relax and enjoy being engaged - you have plenty of time!

we went from a 10 person wedding to a 215 person wedding.  so, i get the increase, but just take it one day at a time.

you have plenty of time to worry about plan b's, bathrooms, and handicap accessibility.  ENJOY wedding planning you only get to do it once ;)
  • Thx for the feedback, ladies. :-) Trying to keep on eyes on what's important: the marriage, not so much the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BREATHE!  RELAX!

Take things one step at a time, and tell mom to wear depends if you have to.  I know that sounds mean - but seriously I am joking.  But if Mom has an issue that she is aware of and will deal with, then she will, but if she doesn't address her issue, you got a bigger problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards