Nevada-Las Vegas

Name Change...

I'm not understanding the whole name change thing. Do I change my name on the marriage certificate when I order it? Or is my maiden name on it and it grants me permission to change my name on other documents (ie driver's license, ss card, etc)
Thanks, JR
And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans

Re: Name Change...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_name-change-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8fcc187e-a603-4abe-b820-496e7f1cc2a6Post:9aa3b131-7385-417e-8479-f7b8a4ce6d80">Name Change...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not understanding the whole name change thing. Do I change my name on the marriage certificate when I order it? Or is my maiden name on it and it grants me permission to change my name on other documents (ie driver's license, ss card, etc) Thanks, JR
    Posted by jkr41271[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Your official certificate is the document you need to present to change your name with SS, DMV, health insurance, work.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Exactly what the previous posts states Wink
  • Thanks ladies!!
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • So you put your new name on the marriage certificate when you fill it out?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_name-change-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8fcc187e-a603-4abe-b820-496e7f1cc2a6Post:6e11d5a9-4d04-4dcd-bd9d-d67b854de9ac">Re: Name Change...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So you put your new name on the marriage certificate when you fill it out?
    Posted by lmelchione[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The clerk completes it with your current/birth name. The certified copy will have the same info. You need to take it to the various administrative offices to do a legal name change. The name on your certified copy of your certificate will always have your birth name.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards