Maine

Guest Book

What is everybody doing for their guest book?  

I am leaning towards DIY'ing something similar to the Happily Ever Afterwords anniversary box.  Essentially we give guests cards with a year written on the envelope that coincides with an anniversary, the guests write us a message, and then we open an evelope each year on our anniversary and read the message.  I love the idea of reliving a piece of the wedding every year, and to having handwritten notes from grandparents and parents.  Logistically I am thinking it might be better to have people write out the messages at the rehearsal dinner rather than the wedding itself.  What do you think?
Married 9.4.11

Re: Guest Book

• jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a neat idea! my wedding theme is both vintage and maine so we're using my fiance's grandmother's old train case to collect Maine postcards that people are going to fill out. Originally I wanted to have them place them in a mailbox, but I really loved the idea of using his grandmother's case.

She has a matching smaller case that we're going to use to collect cards in rather than a traditional card box.
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to have blank coasters on every table with some fancy colored pencils and instructions on what I would like people to do.  I'm hoping people will draw us a picture, write a message, sign their name, etc. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to preserve them afterwards so we can actually use them.  I got the idea, and the pencils, from a Maine Knottie who got married last fall. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a quilt. We'll have a table with fabric squares and pens on them for people to sign (I was going to put a few on each table, then had a vision of people accidentally writing on our rented tablecloths, yikes!) and my FMIL will be putting it together as a gift for us. 
  • edited December 2011

Great ideas ladies!  Keep them coming!

Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing a scrap book and asking people to write on the page that corresponds to their table number...For each table number I am thinking about using a chronology of pictures of me and my fiance together since we have been together for 10 years! and then I will put each of those pics on the corresponding page in the scrap book and leave a place for a wedding photo on each page as well! Hope fully it comes out ok!

• plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW. I am seriously impressed with all of your creativity!! I am making two photo books that we'll ask people to sign. I made and received one of them (from shutterfly) which had pictures from FI & my dating years. The next one will probably be with engagement and photos from our e-photo session w/Clare Norton. I love picture books and so does the FI, so we'll really enjoy looking back on these memories and read the annecdotes people write us. I can't wait!

Great thread start chrispygal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    We are huge Lewiston Maineiacs fans--and the first time we met was at a game---so we have a jersey with our last name on the back for guests to "autograph!"
  • edited December 2011
    Very cool Michelly! 

Thanks Plato!  I think it is really neat to see how different and creative everyone is being!
    Married 9.4.11
  • meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE these ideas!!!

Chrispygal-I may borrow your idea. I think it's a great activity to do for the rehearsal dinner!!

Everyone is so creative. :)
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing a fingerprint tree as our guestbook.  Here it is now, looking a little bare :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shutterfly book I made a while back with pictures of us from when we started dating almost 6 years ago (college times, graduation, engagement pictures, buying our first house, etc) and people will sign in the white spots. 

Lots of creativity!! loveeee itt!
  • edited December 2011
    Borrow away Meg!

Married 9.4.11
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a DIY photobooth, where each 4x6 could be cut down the middle.  Half was for the guest, and half went into our guestbook.

There's a full write up in my bio, but here's a picture:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We made a photo guestbook with our engagement pictures, guests will sign it yearbook style. :D

I love the idea of notes to open on each anniversary, I might do something like that for the rehearsal dinner.
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    We are having two.  A fingerprint tree and a photo guestbook made up by our photographer from our engagement shoot.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are doing a signature mat. My fi and I are photographers so it just seems us. Soon i am going to order sox shirts with our soon to be last name on the back and the wedding date in numbers ( 07 on one and 30 on the other) and our photographer is going to do a little photo shoot, we will use our red sox themed photo in the picture and may or may not swich out a wedding photo after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards