Just Engaged and Proposals

The most exciting thing?

As soon as it started to settle in that being engaged means that we're going to have a wedding, I got really antsy to start writing vows. I know that usually that happens waaay closer to the ceremony, but I kind of don't really care very much about the details of anything else. I'm preoccupied with thinking about all the things I feel and how to perfectly express the most important of them.

What was the thing that you immediately got excited about as soon as you got engaged?
"I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"

Re: The most exciting thing?

• achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Set a date and book the venues.

I know it's exciting and you probably want to do everything at once, but take your time.

Also remember that vows are promises, not a list of compliments. Ie. "I love you so much and you make me a better person" is not a vow. "I promise to stand by your side in good times and bad" is.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_the-most-exciting-thing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:52503cee-8af2-4649-8899-dd41db96a3d2Post:f28bc4b8-4b84-4922-aa93-9f06ce421d2d">Re: The most exciting thing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Set a date and book the venues. I know it's exciting and you probably want to do everything at once, but take your time. Also remember that vows are promises, not a list of compliments. Ie. "I love you so much and you make me a better person" is not a vow. "I promise to stand by your side in good times and bad" is.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

Yep.

Care to share what details you nerded out about the most?
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • I nerded out on? I'm not really nerdy so I guess none.
    Anniversary
  • I got excited about our venue, honestly. It was at the same small lake where my parents were married (different location, though), and H and I had our first date there and spend a lot of time there still. I was just so anxious to set the venue since it was so perfect.
  • My husband FLIPPED OUT when we got our matching wedding bands.
    He wanted to wear it immediately. It was sooo sweet. 
    But instantly, he was crazy excited to call me "fiancée" that he had to look up what the proper spelling and pronunciation was. He still says "I love you, my beautiful bride" a year after the wedding. My silly, sweet man.. :) 

I think I became super excited the moment we got engaged.. just at the sheer idea of calling him my husband. I didn't give a crap about the wedding planning.. I just loved that this amazing man was going to be  "husband". :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_the-most-exciting-thing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:52503cee-8af2-4649-8899-dd41db96a3d2Post:c311f3ba-077b-4819-b723-6fbc98f2191b">Re: The most exciting thing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got excited about our venue, honestly. It was at the same small lake where my parents were married (different location, though), and H and I had our first date there and spend a lot of time there still. I was just so anxious to set the venue since it was so perfect.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Now that is beautiful.

I first got excited with the thought, oh my god I'm going to be marrying my best friend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I gotta admit, knowing that I will be marrying my best friend (we haven't set a date yet) and spending the rest of my life with him... that is the best thing about being engaged. We're in a long distance relationship, so every time we chat and when we do get to visit (we're just over 500 miles apart) it's just an overwhelming happiness and a huge feeling of contentment. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards