California-Tahoe

Rehearsal Dinner ideas in South Lake Tahoe

I'm helping my brother and future sister-in-law with planning the rehearsal dinner.  I'm open to anything fun and not too expensive.  It can be a restaurant or park. I want to do something low key where everyone can wear casual clothing.  The wedding is in August. Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas in South Lake Tahoe

• I'm not sure if this would be too casual for you, but Tahoe Bowl  has a pizza place called Blue Dog Gourmet Pizza and does group rates for bowling. They are very friendly and helpful. Here is the webiste. Hope I could help a little.

• Tahoe brew co. is good the other thing is going to one of the local beaches and haveing a BBQ.
  • Blue Dog pizza is awesome!!!! if you are looking for a casual fun dinner then i would suggest that! you could also go with somewhere like Teps,  its a large restaurant right off the main street with good group rates!  if you are looking for something more fancy, i would suggest Edgewood restaurant, it is right on the water, in a golf club, the views are INSANE! and the food is really good!  

I have helped brides with the beach  BBQ rehersal dinner before... such a fun idea! if you are on the eastern side (zypher cove, hidden beach, cave rock, ect) you will get a killer sunset!!!!! but make sure you get a bonfire permit! 
    Designer and Owner Le Ciel Events Visit Le Ciel Events
  • edited June 2012
    How much does a BBQ on the beach cost?  I'm worried that chair/table rental, linen, catering all adds up and my parents don't want to spend too much.

Thanks!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-tahoe_rehearsal-dinner-ideas-in-south-lake-tahoe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:612Discussion:f173c0e9-3b03-4d4b-8106-e9748b1d8853Post:e5cc9718-5144-461d-a715-a9f8c1fa8c74">Re: Rehearsal Dinner ideas in South Lake Tahoe</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue Dog pizza is awesome!!!! if you are looking for a casual fun dinner then i would suggest that! you could also go with somewhere like Teps,  its a large restaurant right off the main street with good group rates!  if you are looking for something more fancy, i would suggest Edgewood restaurant, it is right on the water, in a golf club, the views are INSANE! and the food is really good!   I have helped brides with the beach  BBQ rehersal dinner before... such a fun idea! if you are on the eastern side (zypher cove, hidden beach, cave rock, ect) you will get a killer sunset!!!!! but make sure you get a bonfire permit! 
    Posted by MEARBEARY[/QUOTE]
  • We just had ours last weekend at The Cantina on Emerald Bay Road. They have a banquet room that's pretty private and the food was really good. We chose to select several options and then let the guests choose off of a preset menu. They were really nice and made up a cute print out menu for us. We wanted something pretty low key but not pizza so this was perfect. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards