Ohio-Columbus

Vendor Reviews!

We just got married on Sunday (yay!) and before I start my new job next week, I wanted to share a quick review of our vendors. It was an amazing day, and all of our vendors did a fantastic job. We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Here is who we used:

Scioto Reserve Country Club-Reception
I cannot say enough great things about Scioto Reserve. They are newly remodeled and have a great bridal suite and grooms quarters where our whole wedding party was able to get ready. The food was fantastic, and they were very kid-friendly, offering a kids buffet complete with giving all the kids Slinkies! Nina Banks was our coordinator, and she did a wonderful job of making sure the timeline was stuck to and that everything ran smoothly. All of our guests were very impressed with this venue and the food. The only thing I will mention is that the prices have increased since we booked; therefore, it might not be in every bride's budget. We were lucky that we booked while they were still in the process of renovating.

Little Tree Studios-Photography
Kyle and her husband were awesome to work with. She listened to everything I wanted but had plenty of great ideas of her own. She was very in control of the pictures and willing to suggest certain poses but was in no way overbearing. And we took lots of great pictures in downtown Powell, which I loved. I felt like she really understood what I was looking for, and I can't wait to see the photos!

Rockin Lou Schocken-DJ
Lou was awesome! He kept our guests dancing all night and the dance floor was never empty. He kept the whole reception moving right along schedule and was able to give some great introductions and crack a few jokes. I could not have asked for a better DJ!

Bexley Beat-Wedding Party and Guest Transportation
Bexley Beat was very affordable and provided us great service. The buses were very nice and there was plenty of room; they also allowed food and drinks on them which was a plus for the wedding party. Overall I am very glad we chose them instead of a limo, which would have been much more crowded and more expensive.

The Cake Studio-Wedding Cake
This cake was included in the Scioto Reserve wedding package, and I'm so glad that it was! I have a very big sweet tooth, so the cake was very important to me, and this cake was fantastic. I recommend the chocolate cake with buckeye filling, along with the sweet frosting :)

Petals and Leaves-Florist
I was so happy with the flowers. They looked amazing and were exactly what I wanted. I showed Dee a picture of a bouquet I liked in the Knot magazine, and she matched it perfectly.

Alison Feamster-Makeup
I loved my makeup! I could not have been happier with it, and to be honest, I slept in it my wedding night and it still looked good the next day! (Besides some mascara under the eyes of course). Also, several of my bridesmaids got their makeup done and were incredibly happy with how theirs turned out as well.

April and Heather at Kenneths-Hair
April did my hair and it was even better than I expected. I thought for sure it would go flat or my bangs would look greasy by the end of the night, but it stayed perfect. She and Heather also did my bridesmaids hair and my mother-in-law's hair and everyone was happy with how it turned out. My wedding party looked good!

Well, that's all I have time for right now, but if you have any questions please message me! I would be happy to talk more about our vendors or any other wedding-related details!

-Laura

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Sounds like a a great day all around! I'm so happy to hear you liked Kyle and Little Tree. Their studio is right near my fiance's shop and we love them, so I've always wanted to hear from some of their brides. They took photos of our dogs last year that turned out awesome. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! My fiance and I are getting married at Scioto Reserve in May 2013 and I am so excited! It was just the most gorgeous place I saw and I can't wait to have our big day there. I'm glad the food is good, we haven't tried any yet so I wasn't sure, so that's awesome! I'm glad the cake is good too, nothing worse than going to a wedding with terrible cake =). Congrats again!
  • edited December 2011
    congratulations. your day sounds amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards