Not Engaged Yet

It's Friday

Good morning. I heard about the Louisiana movie theater shooting on my way into work this morning and it made me cry. This world is just so fucked up. It's sad and scary and depressing and just so fucked up. Something in this country needs to change. I don't know what that something is -- better control/laws? prioritizing mental health issues? both? neither? -- but something seriously needs to change. When is enough going to be enough?

I'm happy that's it Friday, obviously, and I can't wait to see @beanbot2002, @hummingbird125, @GoldenPenguin, and @Labro this weekend! 

I think for the most part, we discussed our weekends in yesterday's thread so I won't bore you with that again today and, instead, I'll ask you a billion questions. Or, 10. 

1)  What are you wearing today?
2)  What are you eating today?
3)  Are there any movies out that you want to go see?
4)  What's the last concert or show that you went to?
5)  If you could go anywhere in the world right this second and the whole trip was paid for, where would you go? 
6)  How do you feel about 'Earth's bigger, older cousin' that was just discovered?
7)  If you could come back as any animal in your next life, what would it be?
8)  What is your dream job?
9)  How has the month of July been for you so far? 
10)  What are you looking forward to in the month of August?

Re: It's Friday

• I hadn't heard about the shooting but just looked it up. How scary!! And really sad.

Neon yellow/green t-shirt and jean capris. I love dressing down in the summer for work.

Probably a sandwich when I get home. Tonight we are going to BF's cousins and she and her FI are grilling for us! Steak, rice and corn on the cob is the menu and I'm EXCITED.

Minions and Inside-out are all I can think of

I honestly can't think of what it was... We usually do TONS of concerts every summer but cut way back when we got the house. The next one we are going to is Countryfest at Gillette in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to that one. It's Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert and Cole Swindell.

5)  If you could go anywhere in the world right this second and the whole trip was paid for, where would you go? 
    Fiji in one of those huts over the water. Or London/Paris. 

6)  How do you feel about 'Earth's bigger, older cousin' that was just discovered?
    Hadn't heard about this either. Guess I need to get my head of from under my rock..

Hmm.. I think a dog. No good reason.

I would love to work for the FBI, being one of the investigators on Criminal Minds. 

It's been okay. Next week is looking like it's going to be really fun so hopefully it's only getting better. 

Meeting some NEY people!! Also Countryfest as mentioned above. My cousin's bachelor party is next month so I will get to see him for a day. 

I didn't get to talk about my weekend plans yesterday and they are pretty damn fun so I am going to write them here. If you wish to skip, be my guest. Last night I went out with my uncle from Korea who was acting normal again, my other uncle and his wife from the cape, another uncle and aunt, and my dad and his BF. We had a blast eating and drinking on the waterfront. 

Tonight we are going to BF's cousin's house to grill and drink and hang. We always laugh when we get together with this cousin and she just got engaged so this will be our time to congratulate them. 

Tomorrow we are heading into the Red Sox with all the people I went out with last night and also two more uncles, their wife's, and my grandfather. We're going to take the T in and grab dinner in the city.

Sunday we are going to a family party on BF's side. It's at a lake so I guess everyone brings their bathing suits and some food and just hangs out. Should be fun!!
    friends tv show funy

• 1)  What are you wearing today?
    Jeans that @Swazzle gave me, a red plaid shirt, and black flats
    I had coffee and I'm going to probably find a super healthy salad for lunch, so I can maybe go out with H for a big dinner later.
    I think I've seen all the movies I wanted to see lately! 
    H and I went to a Pinback show a few months into dating.... so it has definitely been a while.
    THIS IS REALLY HARD. Okay, I guess I'd go to Ireland and ride horses there.
    Listening to a radio story about it a few days ago actually had me thinking all sorts of crazy "What is the point of all life???"-sorta questions. So, maybe it's best I not think about it too much...
    An eagle.
    I would own and run a bakery/cafe. We'd serve an awesome brunch and lots of fancy pastries and incredible chocolate-chip cookies. 
    It has been pretty awesome aside from my car issue. I've been busy almost every weekend, and that is exactly how I like to be.
    I'm looking forward to brunch with a bunch of NEYers I haven't met yet, my little sister's graduation/going-away party, and soaking up all the summer I can before it is over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1) What are you wearing today? jeans, sneakers, plain blue Target tank top
    2) What are you eating today? watermelon, steak caesar salad, popcorn
    3) Are there any movies out that you want to go see? Paper Towns but I need to finish the damn book. I started it months ago on vacation and then packed it when we moved so I need to dig it out.
    4) What's the last concert or show that you went to? Foo Fighters last weekend!
    5) If you could go anywhere in the world right this second and the whole trip was paid for, where would you go? ooooh so hard!! I guess Petra Jordan because it just looks so fucking cool
    6) How do you feel about 'Earth's bigger, older cousin' that was just discovered? didn't hear this, want to know more
    7) If you could come back as any animal in your next life, what would it be? house cat for sure! sleep all day and eat tuna and get pettings with no predators
    8) What is your dream job? not having one lol
    9) How has the month of July been for you so far? pretty awesome
    10) What are you looking forward to in the month of August? Set to close on the new house!

@swazzle I wrote mine before going back to read anyone's- we thought alike on the cat sleeping situation!
    @caseface5 sounds like you have an awesome weekend and August coming up!

• @lavenderfields13 Gorgeous pics!!!!!! And we're kinda twins, my hair and tattoos look like yours and H's beard and vest look just like your husband's hahahah love it!

• Morning!  I haven't heard about the shooting either yet (I check here before I check the news some mornings)...sigh.  Why does this keep happening?!?

-Jeans, black shirt and black shug.  I feel uninspired today.

-No idea yet...likely eggs for breakfast and a chicken salad for lunch though.

-Nothing out yet that I really want to see.

-Lady Antebellum

-Either Bora Bora or the Congo (with security)

-I think its pretty cool but love the spoofs/memes on Earth 2.0 circulating the Web.  What is it, a computer program?

-Our dog, hands down.  He's pampered.

-Successful actress or writer.

-Ok, home inspection stuff has sucked but I've reconnected this month with a bunch of old friends which is always nice.

-Getting veggies from our garden, birthday party for my nephew and niece, visiting with friends.
  • 1)  What are you wearing today?
    At the moment I am in my pajamas because I just woke up lol, in a bit I'll be in exercise-appropriate clothing, and then I'll be wearing a black polo and black pants because that is what I wear to work. Boring!!

Oatmeal and greek yogurt for breakfast, leftover pasta with bolognaise sauce from my favorite restaurant for lunch, and probably a sandwich from work and some little snacky things for dinner lol.

Ant Man! And I FINALLY saw Inside Out yesterday and I cried, such a deep movie! How does Pixar do that??

T Swift :):):)

Italy. I wanna explore the whole entire thing!

WHAT?! I didn't hear about this and need to Google!

I think about this often, and have decided I would want to be a killer whale. They are intelligent, social, pretty, and powerful predators, which is everything I want to be in this life :P

Like @swazzle, I imagine being an actress would be really cool. I have been told already that I should win an Academy Award for best drama lol.

Really fun! Concerts, Six Flags, not having a lot of school work to do. Fantastic!

The NY G2G mostly. And my friend who is a dog breeder is expecting a litter sometime between the last week of August and first week of September, and I AM SO EXCITED!!! BF is gonna be away for two weeks on vacation with his family and so I'll be stuck home. I'll find something to do while he's gone :)
  • haha @jenna8984 I know right. Before the wedding everyone kept asking him if I was going to make him shave his beard for the wedding. I LOVE him with a beard and told him he had to keep it!

• @Swazzle - I have no reason to base this off of since I haven't met you IRL but I'm thinking you would be a good actress as well....because, duh, you look like JLaw already.

@caseface5 - Countryfest sounds fun!  I did something like that once and had a blast.

@hummingbird125 - I would love to own a bakery too.  Or maybe a tiki bar by the ocean in Mexico where I serve baked boozy goods.  ;)

@lavenderfields13 - LOVE the pictures.  You are so pretty!
  • @lavenderfields13 Love those pics! You both looked amazing!

@minskat30 It's so much fun! We have been going for the past 6ish years. We go super early and tailgate all day long. Kenny loves Boston too so he makes it fun!
    friends tv show funy
  • edited July 2015
    aww thanks @minskat30 & @caseface5 :)

@keptinstitches when are you going on your HM? So cool that he planned everything!

• @lavenderfields13, we'll go after I walk in graduation next month.
  • @lavenderfields13 you look gorgeous, I love the pic with you two in the car! and also you gave me tattoo envy! Time for another...

@keptinstitches YAY HONEYMOON!!! I love Washington DC.

• @lavenderfields13 Same here!! Everyone always asks him after the Stanley Cup when he's going to shave and he's like wife would murder me if I shaved lol. Lately he's been saying he's going to shave his head since he's balding anyways and I'm kind of excited for how bad ass that's going to look with the beard.

@untouchablets Are you getting one of the puppies or just excited to play with them?

@keptinstitches well your month sounds fantasic! I love DC

• Heard about the shooting on the radio. How sad! :( They were saying how it's so close to the anniversary of the last theater shooting :(

Jean capri's, white with black lace blouse, black blazer
    Currently nothing. Drinking tea. I do have snacks at my desk for lunch
    Kinda want to see "Trainwreck" and Matt wants to see "Minions"
    Hedley at Bluesfest :D
    Jeez .... hard to say. L.A most likely. Always wanted to go
    I think it's neat! Proof we can't be alone
    Cat. Lazy little fuckers {half kidding}
    I enjoy my job, but I wish I did more makeup for people.
    Excellent!!
    Other than wedding? The wedding to be over. Also we're going to a water park and paintball at some point with a group :)
  • @untouchablets What kind of puppies??

friends tv show funy
  • casey1219casey1219 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    -Okay, I'm still in PJs. Didn't sleep well last night, AND it's my last few days of summer break. I'm milking this as long as I can.

-That's a good question. Not sure, but I know that a Coca-Cola is on the agenda ASAP.

-Paper Towns, Minions

-Loretta Lynn like a year ago. Looooove her.

-I would love to go back to NYC. I went as a senior in high school, but our tour guide was nuts, and we didn't get to see half of what we were supposed to. I'd love to see Wicked again.

-Um, cool, I guess? I don't really pay much attention to it.

-A dog. Play, eat, have fun, and be super loyal to someone. I could handle it.

-Most people roll their eyes, but I have my dream job. I can't remember a time in my life where I didn't want to be a teacher. But... the side of me who would like to do something I've never tried says I would want to be a chef. I love to cook.

-Had better times, but I've also had worse. I can't complain too much.

-Meeting my new class, getting back into a routine at work. I'm boring.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Okay, so I just have to share this super creepy story with ya'll from yesterday.
    Last night, BF worked super late, so I got dinner on my own at Chick-fil-A while I waited on him to get home so I could go see him. As usual, I go through the drive-thru, and at our local CFA, the parking lot is usually ridiculously crowded, so they have additional parking in a lot across the street in a parking lot of a grocery store that was closed down recently.

My windows kept fogging up, so I turned on the car to get the fog off the windows. After I'd done that, I rolled my windows down just a little bit and sat there eating. This is usually a good area. I've never had any problems; I do this regularly, so I figured it was safe.I was looking on my phone, when I see someone move in my side-view mirrors. I'm trying to crank my car when a male approaches me (very quietly... I don't think he wanted me to know he was there honestly. He seemed very shocked that I was looking right out the window at him when he came around.) He said, "Can you help me?" I was startled and wasn't sure what he was wanting, so I said, "What?" I think we have instincts for a reason, and I had a bad feeling in my gut when he came to my car. He said, "I'm trying to scrape up a dollar." The whole time, he's walking closer to my car, his hand is out (like he was going for the door handle), his eyes are shifting from my front seat to my back seat, and my purse was in the passenger seat. I literally had no cash, so I said, "No." I hope that doesn't make me seem awful, but you really cannot trust anyone these days. I started cranking my car, and he jumps and says, "Okay, thank you." Then walks to the corner, pulls out a pack of cigarettes, and starts smoking.

I pull out of the parking lot shaking and crying. I'm usually a very generous person, and I always feel bad when people come asking for money. Typically, I'll give it when I have cash, but last night just gave me a bad feeling. BF's mom had to hug me and calm me down because by the time I got to his house I was a wreck.
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @caseface5 Irish Wolfhounds!!

@casey1219 OMG that is scary!!! I eat in my car all the time but never at night. Idk what I would have done.
  • @swazzle I saw it in the news last night, and cried.  I agree something needs to change, but no idea what.

1)  What are you wearing today? Navy crop pants and a dark green tunic 
    2)  What are you eating today? I had an apple breakfast bar and coffee for breakfast - probably a chicken wrap or salad for lunch - whatever the baseball park is offering for dinner (got offered box seats to a local game from one of our vendors last night)
    3)  Are there any movies out that you want to go see? I don't have tv anymore so I honestly do not even know what is or isn't in theaters anymore.  I still would like to see Jurassic World. 
    4)  What's the last concert or show that you went to? DMB back in June.   
    5)  If you could go anywhere in the world right this second and the whole trip was paid for, where would you go? Mediterranean.
    6)  How do you feel about 'Earth's bigger, older cousin' that was just discovered? I'm so out of the loop. Guess I should read the news more often. 
    7)  If you could come back as any animal in your next life, what would it be? Hmmm a cheetah because they're badass
    8)  What is your dream job? To be paid to sit on the beach.
    9)  How has the month of July been for you so far?  Not too exciting, between work and the house I really don't have time for anything fun. 
    10)  What are you looking forward to in the month of August? Being finished with the house and just relaxing.  Finally planning vacations. Musikfest. Oh and meeting some pretty awesome people. 
  • @untouchablets thanks! I want more tattoos too but $$$. H and I agreed to get tattoos instead of giving each other wedding gifts. He's starting his next month but I still don't know what to get!

@jenna8984 I'm guessing Paper Towns wasn't that good of a read if it's still packed away? lol. I just picked it up from the library but need to finish another book before I start it. 

@casey1219 If you're instincts are telling you there was something off then there probably was. That seems weird that he was eyeing your car like that and I would have been freaked out too! 
    Also, I never carry cash so I never have money to give when people ask but honestly most of them that ask in my area are people that are known to be drug addicts, alcoholics, etc and I don't want to give them money to drink, do drugs, etc. I know some people prefer to offer to buy the person food or something. Recently I was somewhere and a woman asked me if I had money to spare so she could buy a water. I said I would buy her one and then she didn't respond to me. K, I guess you didn't want the water that much if you didn't want me to get you one. 

• So I failed my exam yesterday by 2 stupid points. I am in a miserable mood and really don't want to be at work or talk to people at all.  So much for that.  I am retaking it and probably will towards the end of August.   I am so over studying though, it's quite upsetting.  Tomorrow is our sex reveal party for friends and family.  Sunday we might start baby furniture shopping.  I feel like I should be more excited about this and right now I'm just not.

1) What are you wearing today? black dress shirt and black and grey checkered dress pants
    2) What are you eating today? yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, pb&j sandwich for lunch and lots of fruit apples and pears for snacks today
    3) Are there any movies out that you want to go see? Not really
    4) What's the last concert or show that you went to? no idea
    5) If you could go anywhere in the world right this second and the whole trip was paid for, where would you go?  Paris with H
    6) How do you feel about 'Earth's bigger, older cousin' that was just discovered? What????
    7) If you could come back as any animal in your next life, what would it be? house cat
    8) What is your dream job? dancer on Broadway
    9) How has the month of July been for you so far? meh, very stressful 
    10) What are you looking forward to in the month of August? my birthday, seeing Book of Mormon & An American in Paris on Broadway, meet up with some you 8/8

Anniversary

• @swazzle Yea I like the book so far. I honestly despised reading for my entire life. Even in college I'd use the internet for everything and then just use my friends' book sources. So I decided last year that I was being ridiculous and needed to start reading, so I started with Fault in Our Stars and I really liked the tone and way it was written. I know it's for "young adults/ teens" but whatever, the style got me exploring reading so I'll run with it lol. Which is why I bought Paper Towns. If you're used to reading more adult-y stuff you might not like it.

@untouchablets Yaaaaay for puppy!!!!! We want one once we settle into the new house, but I'm hoping for a 1 year old rescue who is already potty trained.

@casey1219 I always lock my doors the second I get in my car. Even when I leave work in the parking lot or if I'm sitting in my own drieway, just a habit. You did the right thing!

• 2) What are you eating today? yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, pb&j sandwich for lunch and lots of fruit apples and pears for snacks today

omg I had just read above how you failed the test (sorry :( ) so I read this is as TEARS hahahahha

• @casey1219 That is really scary. Always trust your instincts.  

@lavenderfields13 omg your pictures came out gorgeous!

@twodimes so close!!!

@swazzle you got to pet a Cheetah!!?

• @lavenderfields13 That's kind of how I felt about this guy. If he had money to buy that pack of cigarettes, why did he need a dollar? I thought it was kind of weird that he asked for only a dollar. Usually, people ask for at least $5 -- enough to actually buy something. I don't know, but he just made me feel super weird. BF was upset with himself because he wasn't with me when it happened, but like I said, the area is usually okay. In fact, just two weeks ago, my BF, little brother, and I went to CFA and sat in that same parking lot while we ate and had no problems. Then last week, I was there eating (yes, I have a problem), and was never bothered. It was just an odd, scary situation.
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @twodimes that's a great idea!!! Except we already have two dogs. And two cats. And a rabbit. And TWO new puppies would just make things chaotic :tongue:
    @lavenderfields13 I'm saving for my next one too, I'll probably get it this winter. I'm planning on a Beatrix Potter style rabbit illustration on my calf. BF doesn't love tattoos but I finally got his support on this one, he just wants it to be way smaller than what I want lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards