Maine

Camden/Rockland Recommendations

Hello!

I'm new to the board, but I'm getting married in Rockport next summer. Has anyone heard of the band The Maritnis? Thoughts?

Also, I'm trying to decide between Swan's Way catering and Trillium... does anyone have experience with either?

Thanks!

Re: Camden/Rockland Recommendations

• StarrbabyStarrbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of them, but have not  heard them play. Give the new wedding coordinator a call at the Samoset to get some recommendations for DJ's and bands.  He's a great resource and will help whether you are having your wedding there or not.  Where are you getting married in Rockport?  I would recommend Trillium or Megunticook Market for catering.  I also have other fantastic vendors to recommend if you haven't booked them yet.  Kim Doll at Veloute in Rockland for your hair (she will come to you if you want), Tropical Nails in Camden, From This Day Forward for your makeup, and Sticky Fingers in Waldoboro for your cake.  The Boathouse in Rockland is on the water and a really fun place for your RD.  Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011

I got married in Camden three weeks ago, and am beyond happy with the way everything turned out.

I had a DJ instead of a band.  I'm not familiar with your band, but if I had my pick of bands, I would have hired Wavelength.  They are a fantastic wedding band.

As for caterers, again, I'm not familiar with who you are deciding to use, but I would highly recommend Josh Gamage of Maine Coast Catering.  After our tasting with him, it was one of the easiest decisions to make.  HIs cooking is fantastic.  Originally, we were going to go with Lani Temple at Megunticook Market, but she was not able to do a lobster bake, which is what we wanted.  Josh and his company were able to make delicious hors d'oeurves and a fantastic meal for us at a reasonable price.

Also, you likely know this already, but you must get Steve at Sweet Sensations to bake your cake.  Everyone agreed that Steve's cake was the best wedding cake that they'd ever had.  Also, I enjoyed working with Hoboken Gardens on my flowers.

Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards