South Carolina

Greenville Hotel Rooms--Wedding Blocks

Okay, yes, I did look for info on this through the first three pages of posts, and didn't see anything like what I'm looking for regarding information on this.

Is anyone planning on using or has anyone used a hotel in Greenville (specifically downtown, i.e. the Hampton Inn, Westin, or Hyatt) for OOT guests? I'm looking for info on which hotels offer the best rates/options for blocking off rooms. I've left messages/emailed numerous hotels and can't get anyone to call me back!

We aren't having our ceremony OR reception at a hotel, but both are being held downtown. I guess I'm just looking for info to tide me over, on whether it was difficult to get rooms blocked at downtown hotels, considering I can't seem to get an answer from the hotels themselves Undecided

Re: Greenville Hotel Rooms--Wedding Blocks

• edited December 2011
    That is odd that you can't get anyone to call you back. I got several responses when I started looking for hotels in Greenville. I would spend an hour or two going by all the hotels in downtown Greenville one week day. If the room block person is not their get all their information. Name, direct email, direct phone number and then call them daily until they return your call.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I actually FINALLY got some info from the Westin and the Hyatt. I really wanted to see what the Hampton Inn would offer but my emails keep bouncing back and the person in sales they told me to contact only called me once--i couldn't get to my phone that one time and despite several messages, I can't get her to call me back Undecided
  • lilredz326lilredz326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked at the new Courtyard downtown.  They were amazing and easy and friendly.  We booked before the hotel was finished and not one guest has complained about anything dealing with phones.  The Hampton was really rude.  Hope that helps!!  Oh and the rates for the end of June were $149.  Let me know if you need anything!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow, sorry the people at the Hampton were rude! Other than it taking FOREVER to get someone to call me back, they were never anything but polite...they just didn't end up having any availability.

The Courtyard was really difficult to get in touch with as well, but that's my own fault for calling the week after they opened ;)
  • cbmctm2656cbmctm2656 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the new Courtyard. Our daughter is the AGM there and we stay over the weekend to start planning her April wedding. It is a great place and so new and clean. Her name is Stephanie Mitchell. We also need an pastor or JP. She is like you..new to the area and no home church. Her wedding is going to be at this hotel also.
    Steph's Mom
  • OMG! It must have changed a lot! My hubby’s cousin had her ceremony at the Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown – http://www.marriottcourtyardgreenville.com/ - and everything was great. Never had any issue with them. The ceremony was beautiful! She also blocked some rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville RiverPlace Downtown - http://www.hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com/ - and she also didn’t have any problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards