Massachusetts-Boston

Cheap but Talented DJs?

After pulling together some elements of our Fall 2013 wedding, my fiance and I are finding things to be MUCH more expensive than we had anticipated and budgeted for. We've already gone over-budget for our venue, officiant, and photographer so it's vital that we stick to our budget with the remaining vendors. We will be getting married next fall in Spencer, MA but live in Boston. Does anyone know of any good DJs in or around Boston/Spencer/Sturbridge/Worcester in the $800 dollar range? I fear this might again be underestimating the cost of a DJ, but we realy need to stick to the $800  budget as much as possible so if anyone knows of anything in that range and could pass along the info, I would very much appreciate it! In case it matters, my fiance and I are very much into indie/alternative rock (think WFNX... RIP) so we would like a DJ that could accomodate some unique song choices as well as the mainstream pop stuff that will get our family and friends out on the dancefloor! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Cheap but Talented DJs?

• Molly&AndyMolly&Andy member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    Our wedding isn't until October, but we are using Rick at Bell-Aire Music.  He should be in your budget.  He has gotten good reviews and seems to be very organized and accomodating.
  • We just booked Zach from Zachary Dauphinais Signature Events for our June 2013 wedding in the Sturbridge/Worcester area.  He's out of CT.  He got good reviews on the CT board and he is your price range.  He's on some of the radio stations down in CT so we checked him out on that too.  When we met with him he was very organized and walked us through his process (which was great).  He was great with our venue (they were a little annoying with needing to pre-approve our DJ).  So far, he has been great to work with!  Good luck!
  • John Cristoferi in Brockton is in the price range and he received good reviews on this board. 
  • Another vote for checking out Zach Dauphinais!  He is DJ'ing our wedding in West Brookfield, MA.
  • Have you looked into Beat Train Production? They have a master DJ and also the associate ones which might cost cheaper. Good luck!
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We are also getting married in Spencer at Zuka's and have the same music tastes! Our plan A is a friend's band, but please share who you end up finding because they may be out of reach even with a friend discount... Good luck!
  • Another vote for Zach. I'm using him for my Sturbridge wedding next month. He's been great so far, very organized, and will play whatever you're looking for!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Another vote for Rick from Bell-Aire. He is so organized and on top of things and clearly know what he is doing! Very resaonable priced and has won so many awards.
    64862_157110774322536_100000708424779_312151_6782220_n Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another vote for John Cristoferi.  We used him for our wedding last year.  It was $800 for 5 hours.
  • Thanks, ladies! I'm defintely going to check out these guys. I really liked what I saw on Beat Train Productions' website, but I am a little worried they are going to be out of our price range. I'll let you know what I decide! I appreciate the input! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards