September 2012 Weddings

First Dance Song...

So is anyone else having trouble picking a first dance song?  I feel like none of today's music has any GREAT first dance songs like the older classics do! We are leaning towards Everything I do by Bryan Adams.  We never really had "a song," but after we watched Robin Hood one night my fiance was like this should be our song!

How about you ladies?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Dance Song...

• We are doing "Tell me what we gonna do now" by Joss Stone and Common. It's upbeat and the lyrics are fun and playful like us. We are not fans of traditional sappy stuff and FI used the song "Marry Me" by Train for the proposal so now it's time to let our fun sides out.
  • We are doing Foo Fighters "If Ever". We didn't want to go for traditional either. Don't feel like you HAVE to stick with "today's music." Maybe a song from a concert you and your FI went to??
  • We discussed possibly using "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain.
    I also suggested "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz for something more upbeat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Sweet Pea by Amos Lee. FI calls me Sweet Pea from time to time so it's pretty fitting =)
  • The first dance song was the only thing I knew right off the bat. It's the rest of the music that's stressing me out, haha.
    Anniversary
  • haha. We are leaning towards Foo Fighters as well.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5eab11b2-39f6-466f-ba84-8bf71e4d2e90Post:18de366d-e7a5-4e6a-bb47-0c48f8a8d595">Re: First Dance Song...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing Foo Fighters "If Ever". We didn't want to go for traditional either. Don't feel like you HAVE to stick with "today's music." Maybe a song from a concert you and your FI went to??
    Posted by Nikki71[/QUOTE]
  • We're using "when I first saw you" by Jamie Foxx and Beyonce. I had a hard time picking the first song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our original first song turned into the processional song and FI end up picking a song that does sums up our relationship: "Can We Talk It Over in Bed by Grayson Hughes...I think a late 80s early 90s song. We ALWAYS seem to talk about everything while in bed as long as we dated lol

Anniversary Vacation
  • It's a toss up between an acoustic version of Teenage Dream by Boyce Avenue or Baby I'm Youra by the Arctic Monkeys.  It's also a cover, but from a 60s song. 

We haven't figured out the processional song though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing "Cowboys and Angels" by Dustin Lynch. We had a couple others in mind first but then this song came out and it just spoke to us. One line says "We ride side by side, a cloud of dust, a ray of light." We liked that because sometimes we ride next to each other on our ATVs and just glance over and smile.It is a newer song but gives a classic feel, which works for our wedding.
  • We're doing "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath. It's not super traditional, and we like the meaning behind the song (It's essentially 1 Corinthians 13:4-7) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton. With everything we've been through the lyrics are so totally perfect we couldn't imagine using anything else!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5eab11b2-39f6-466f-ba84-8bf71e4d2e90Post:0f980693-8ac3-4776-af0b-1d040b73eb11">Re: First Dance Song...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath. It's not super traditional, and we like the meaning behind the song (It's essentially 1 Corinthians 13:4-7) 
    Posted by josephwedding[/QUOTE]

That's what all our bridesmaids, ring bearers, flower girls, etc are walking down the aisle to :)
  • "Everything" by Michael Buble.  He's got that old time, classic, romantic style of singing, and the lyrics are just perfect for us.  Plus the rhythm is up beat enough that FI won't get annoyed with monotonously swaying.  He's a pill sometimes when it comes to dancing or mushy stuff.

Anniversary

• Haha AWESOME! What song?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5eab11b2-39f6-466f-ba84-8bf71e4d2e90Post:22ae6a43-89d2-488a-8fbe-0cefdb83e298">Re: First Dance Song...</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha. We are leaning towards Foo Fighters as well. In Response to Re: First Dance Song... :
    Posted by FutureMrsR5711[/QUOTE]
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_first-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5eab11b2-39f6-466f-ba84-8bf71e4d2e90Post:0f980693-8ac3-4776-af0b-1d040b73eb11">Re: First Dance Song...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath. It's not super traditional, and we like the meaning behind the song (It's essentially 1 Corinthians 13:4-7) 
    Posted by josephwedding[/QUOTE]

Love Brandon Heath and this dong! :D
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Dave Matthews Band - Steady As We Go

we had a hard time picking a song too. but finally found this one and its perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Photobucket
  • We are thinking Woman Like You by Lee Brice. I do not like traditional songs I want something unique and to teach him to dance I think it would be easier with a slightly upbeat song. plus it is a cute song
  • The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson....that was probably the very first things we decided on.  We have seen Ingrid in concert twice and this song reminds me so much of my FI and I, we also have the lyrics pipes on our cake and "the way you are" engraved into our wedding rings.  An added bonus is that this song is really short, FI is not big on being in the spotlight for long, LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are using When you've got a good thing - Lady Antebellum. It fits us perfectyl!!
  • We have NO idea.  I suggested Kings of Leon - Use Somebody cause FI made me a CD when we started dating (cheesy, but cute) and that song was on it.  It was the only appropriate song for a first dance on the whole thing, so I'm leaning toward that.  FI, however, said that we can find something better and doesn't want that one.  He doesn't have even a slight suggestion for something else, so I'm wondering where he's going to find this song and if I'll veto it.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• We are using "God gave me you" by Blake Shelton, however FI and I don't really dance much.  A friend of mine recently got married and used "My kind of crazy" by Brantley Gilbert and it was super cute
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So... we're dancing to the song 'A bushel and a peck.'  It's an old song from Guys and Dolls, but it's something that my fiance and I sing to each other all the time.

Super cheesy, super funny, totally what our personalities are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's How Much I Love You, by Otis Redding.  
    I looooove old soul music and it has an easy, steady beat to sway to (for those of us with two left feet, ha)
  • That's How Much I Love You, by Otis Redding.  
    I looooove old soul music and it has an easy, steady beat to sway to (for those of us with two left feet, ha)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards