Snarky Brides

Hello!

2»

Re: Hello!

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:f89b943f-3d90-4f06-9199-86c2b8f7e0ea">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to go to Bonnaroo. That seems awesome.  
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]
    Bonnaroo looks amazing this year. A lot of the bands I wanted to see there are also playing osheaga so im cool with the tradeoff, but punch brothers are playing bonnaroo too so I am sad I wont get to see them again.
  • That was the biggest turn off for Bamboozle was the ticket prices. Especially since we'd have to travel so far. I only wanted to go the one day with Blink and Foo Fighters.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bonnaroo does look awesome.  I would love to see The Joy Formidable again.  DAMN IT , MONEY.
  • NebbNebb member
    How much is this bamboozle concert?
  • Oh my god. I just found out Steven Wright is one of the comedians for Bonnaroo.  I think I seriously need to go.  I would be in quasi-hipster-hippie heaven, and I'm not even a hipster. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:5470a3c5-abf7-4f1c-b8bf-d2afdb5caf9b">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was pissed that Drogo died. He was a badass.  And I'm a huge fan of Tyrion, too-- if he dies, I'll be even more pissed.  I'm intrigued by Daenerys.  It wasn't so much the killing of the people, because I'm somewhat desensitized to that.  But when animals die, I legitimately cry.
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]

I was beyond mad when he died. I had a major TV boner for him (I mean, this isn't a surprise, with all that muscle and all). H asked if I was going to stop watching now, without my eye candy, ha. But his wife is another favorite, so I'm excited to see her again.

I miss summers off too. My next substantial time off is in June. I'm going with my family to NC for a week to celebrate my uncle's wedding. H can't go though, which sucks. So our trip will be in November, probably to Epcot's food and wine festival.
  • For the day I wanted to go it was 75. Which I guess isn't bad since I did pay 90 dollars each for two tickets to go see blink last summer lol.

But I would've wanted to go for the 3 days if I was travelling that far and it would've been about 200 each.
  • NebbNebb member
    We paid about $450 for our 3 days of osheaga tickets, which is a lot of money but I couldnt pass it up for the amount of bands that are playing. We are getting a vacation rental in montreal for 4 nights while we are there instead of getting a hotel to save money. I dont need the amenities if we are going to be at a concert for most of the day and ngiht.
  • Blargh. Now I'm dreaming of Bonnaroo, again, and we would probably do the 4-day VIP pass for 2 if we went.  Which is $1400, not including the cost of gas to drive down there.  Le sigh.  As if I have the money for it. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:c2896326-abca-46f4-9e11-928e2d852172">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the day I wanted to go it was 75. Which I guess isn't bad since I did pay 90 dollars each for two tickets to go see blink last summer lol. But I would've wanted to go for the 3 days if I was travelling that far and it would've been about 200 each.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]
    We paid about $90 pp altogether, I think.  You know they always throw in last minute costs/taxes/whatever.  It wasn't too bad. Three days would be a little over $200 pp plus our gas money because hotels are going to be outrageous all around Asbury Park.  BUT the concert is on the beach, so that will be awesome!

I think N said he paid $300 altogether for our tix to see Foo Fighters in Madison Square Garden, but we were on the floor, so it was worth it.
  • Honestly, if it wasn't for the wedding and already needing a few days off around that time, I would probably be willing to spend the money and taking the days off work to go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:3195523d-76e8-41f1-8419-6c35f1d03733">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blargh. Now I'm dreaming of Bonnaroo, again, and we would probably do the 4-day VIP pass for 2 if we went.  Which is $1400, not including the cost of gas to drive down there.  Le sigh.  As if I have the money for it. 
    Posted by MandK9[/QUOTE]
    Ugh, concerts should be free. I want to go to everything.
  • Good evening!  I'm sitting at the library.  Where I've been all freaking weekend.  And will be for every weekend in the foreseeable future, except next weekend, because apparently the Catholic university that I attend closes down the law library from Thursday through the next Monday over Easter.  Weirdos.  This is too close to finals for that shiz.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• For real, Nates.

Okay, goddammit, I need to do a little more of this paper.

• Alrighty, I'm out, too.  I need to get some work done and I have some necklaces to buy. I can't believe the weekend's over, blegh.

Have a good week, guys!
  • NebbNebb member
    I dont think anyone here watches the killing, but the first hour (its a 2hr premier) was really good. It was a lot faster paced than last season. I think alst season really pissed people off so I dont know that many people are watching it this time around which sucks. Time for game of thrones!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:fdc1bdce-def1-42cb-99d6-80f727f6c84b">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! : Are you talking about the one I think you're talking about?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Think it's the only one in Pgh :)

• I started watching the Killing but we go to my mom's for the summer to work and she doesn't get that channel. Then I forgot about it. I should finish the first season.
  • I WANT to watch Game of Thrones but I don't have HBO, BF does, and he's writing a paper that's due tomorrow morning.  So I'll have to catch it OnDemand or something later this week. And Mad Men on DVR.  And Shameless too.

I've never seen the Killing and know nothing about it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:3c89320f-b5a1-43f0-89ec-f444f7893f20">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! :  So our trip will be in November, probably to Epcot's food and wine festival.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Because I know a certain someone and her H who will be there Nov 9th - 14th...

Hint: it's me.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • NebbNebb member
    The killing is like a detective show i guess? A girl was murdered and it started with finding the body and trying to piece together the case.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:0b6f492c-9eac-495b-ab2a-c5c1e480a080">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! : Oh really? Because I know a certain someone and her H who will be there Nov 9th - 14th... Hint: it's me.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Where are you going to stay? I think we'll be at the all-star movie resort again. It's cheap and we liked it when we went last time.

We were thinking about going the beginning of November sometime as a joint birthday gift (mine is beginning of October, his is end of November), probably the 11-13th or so. I guess it would depend on what rooms are available and whatnot.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:e5bd5896-e289-4374-8158-2dabdb592e59">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! : I went there, too :-)
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    It's a LOT different than where I went to undergrad-- they were super liberal and there was no "official" religion.  Where I am now is the total opposite.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:dc7a5b8a-bb9b-4f38-8320-f59d486c33dc">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The killing is like a detective show i guess? A girl was murdered and it started with finding the body and trying to piece together the case.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like the type of thing I'd like.  Maybe I'll watch it once exams are over and I'm free.

• NebbNebb member
    Do ittt! we generally love all the same things smash, I know you will like it.
  • Yes, we definitely have very similar tastes.  I'll add it to the list of things to do once I have some freedom.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:3d1ee828-06fd-45fa-bb96-06d5e4df1bc3">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! : Oh really? Where are you going to stay? I think we'll be at the all-star movie resort again. It's cheap and we liked it when we went last time. We were thinking about going the beginning of November sometime as a joint birthday gift (mine is beginning of October, his is end of November), probably the 11-13th or so. I guess it would depend on what rooms are available and whatnot.  
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

We'll be staying at the All-Star Music resort since that one has suites. That way we can save on money by eating breakfast in our room before heading out to do stuff. We're running the Wine & Dine half marathon that starts at 10pm on the 10th, then hitting the parks the 11th-13th, flying home on the 14th.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-46?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1c0b4624-f111-4f68-aec8-59ad8e3bd0c5Post:a386b4de-9536-4982-89c5-2da2a1b62a95">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! : We'll be staying at the All-Star Music resort since that one has suites. That way we can save on money by eating breakfast in our room before heading out to do stuff. We're running the Wine & Dine half marathon that starts at 10pm on the 10th, then hitting the parks the 11th-13th, flying home on the 14th.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

They have suites? Like with little kitchens? I might have to check that one out then. I was looking at the music one earlier, but just prices.

I was thinking we would drive down on Sunday, have a day at Epcot, and maybe a day at HP world Monday and Tuesday. We have to cpome back Wednesday because I'll have my night class to teach.

I'll talk to H and see if those dates work for him. We might be able to hang out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards