Florida-Central Florida
Options

Questions regarding English Gardens in Winter Park (somewhat long)

Hello!

I am new to this board, and first I would like to thank all of you for all of your helpful posts! I would be so lost without all of you sharing your experiences!

My fiance and I are on a smaller budget ($5,000-$6,000 with 40-60 guests), and we are hoping to find a place that did not require a lot of decorating and that could hold both the ceremony and reception (in order to cut down on decorating and transportation costs). 

I was wondering if anybody had a positive (or negative) experience with English Gardens in Winter Park? Did the venue turn out to be affordable? My biggest worry is that they do not seem to allot enough time for both the ceremony and reception; was this an issue with anyone? 

Also, I am completely open for any suggestions/experiences/warnings regarding an affordable (and somewhat pretty) venue, so feel free to share any information! 

Best wishes to you all! 

Re: Questions regarding English Gardens in Winter Park (somewhat long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at it but it just wasn't us...we are using the farmers market (google Winter Park Farmers Market) or stop by on a Sat morning and see it. The only decorations we are using are the linens. It was only $900 they seemed always booked on Saturdays but Fridays and Sundays may be cheeper too.:) GL:)
  • Options
    Alayne7Alayne7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much! I will definitely look into that! The price sounds great. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No offense but the English Gardens, for my taste, is a little outdated. I think there are a lot more afforable options in the the orlando metro area that are nicer. Check out city websites such as winter park, Lake mary, sanford, Orlando etc.  Anything owned by the city is generally reasonable. 

For your size event I would look into the Farmer Market (it is brick very pretty), The women's club (historic), the longwood Community Building (very charming and inexpensive), and the Orlando histoic center downtown. 
  • Options
    Alayne7Alayne7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help! We're now trying to find something that offers an outside  or inside ceremony and reception option, and it seems like those venues would be great options. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had her ceremony at English Gardens a couple of years ago and the thing I remember most is that its located right next to a park and during their vows you could hear an announcer during a baseball game or something. It was really horrible, it was suppose to be this quiet, serene setting and the whole time we were listening to sports scores. I also agree that its a little dated, I think you could find something better. Just look into places you can provide your own food that doesn't have a list of caterers you have to use. Thats the only way to come under budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alayne7Alayne7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I think that I am going to steer clear of English Gardens...the last thing I need is to have an announcer interrupt our ceremony!

Officiant: "If there is anybody who objects to the union of this man and woman, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Announcer: "Strike three, you're out!"

Ew. 

I think at this point we're leaning towards an indoor ceremony and reception. There are just too many variables to consider for an outdoor reception. Thanks again!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards