Ohio-Cincinnati

Rehearsal Dinner

Where did everyone have their rehearsal dinners at? We can not do it at our venue since something is booked for the night before our wedding. I was thinking somewhere that serves family style. Also who do you invite? I know the usual, grandparents, parents, bridal party, but what about out of town guests or close family? I do not know where to drawl the line at. Please help! Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• We're doing things a little differently for our rehearsal dinner. Since both of our families are from out-of-town, we've rented out a B&B (www.thecliftonhouse.com) for the weekend of our wedding. There's enough space at this B&B to host 30 people for a buffet-style rehearsal dinner on Friday night. We're using Fresh Table from Findlay Market to cater the food and are providing our own beer & wine. The pros with this set-up are (1) we save $$ by providing our own alcohol, (2) the menu is fully customizable for about the same price as a restaurant, (3) there is no time limit on our rehearsal dinner party, (4) FLEXIBILTY, (5) our family/bridal party will be able to just climb up a flight of stairs at the end of the night and get some rest before the big day. The best part about all of this is that our wedding party will all be at the house the next morning and can just roll out of bed to start getting ready without driving everywhere around the city (we are having hair and makeup people come to us at the B&B). So we're doing things rather differently... But much more hassle-free in the long run!
  • We are doing ours at Gordon Biersch. We are inviting grandparents, parents, and bridal party only. My FI's parents are paying for it, and didn't want all the OOT guests present as well
  • If my wedding is in September, when do I need to start looking to book?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is going to be at Brazenhead (an Irish pub) in Mason. We will be doing a buffet style dinner serving fish & chips, BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, veggies, & dessert. We are inviting parents, grandparents, & the bridal party + their dates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are having ours at the Art of Entertaining in O'Bryonville. It is a nice casual space with multiple dining rooms set up. There is also a wine store attached. They are very reasonable, and will work on any menu with you from traditional to exotic, 3 course to 5 course, etc. The space is set up so that guests can mingle, too-- which is very nice! I had a couple of work meetings there this year, and the food was great, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards