North Carolina

Questions about 1st fitting with Olga

So I’m going for my first fitting in a few weeks and I just had a few questions for those of you that have already seen her.  I am trying to get an idea of how much alterations will cost for me. Does anyone mind sharing what they paid (can private message me if you prefer)? I know the cost will vary greatly depending on what people get done, but I’m trying to get a general idea if mine will be more like $150 or $400.  I think I will just need cups put in, the straps/ top adjusted some, and a simple bustle. 

I assume she has you put a deposit down. Did she have you guys put half of her estimate down or what?  Do you know if she takes checks?

Thanks in advance!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Questions about 1st fitting with Olga

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You've got a PM :)
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! That was very helpful.  I just had to remember where to go to check my PMs. :)
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay so this was last year, but let me see if I can remember:
    I had cups sewn into my dress, altered the front and back fit of the boddice, new elastic band  for waist, 5 point bustle and steamed to remove wrinkles.

That was like $100? We dropped off the dress with her and paid when we picked up the dress. 

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a 7 pt bustle, cups put in, and had the whole thing (all layers) hemmed (it was about 5 or 6 yards of fabric around , I don't remember exactly), and she steamed it.  I think it was right at $300, but I'm not really sure.  This was last fall.

She does take a personal check, and I'm pretty sure she just wanted payment in full at the end.
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got scared when I read on the other recent Olga post where someone said hers was $500.  Those prices are sounding much better and probably more in align with what mine will be.

Thanks!
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's really all depending on what you're having done and what kind of fabric your dress is made of.
  • edited December 2011
    Olga quoted my dress at $300 - I am having it hemmed, elastic waist band inserted, cups sewn in, bustle (not sure how many points) and she's moving the pleats from the sides to the back of the dress.  I'm having a lot done for $300, but my dress is satin and there is no beading on it.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe mine was $350 and that included having cups sewn in with an internal corset so I don't keep pulling at the top since the dress is heavy, hemmed about 8 inches (including several layers under the dress - my dress is a silk satin which apparently is a little more fragile), french bustle, and a comb sewn onto my veil.

We paid in full when we picked up with a personal check.  Hope this helps!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you asked this. My fitting is about a month away and I was nervous about how much it was going to cost. I have to have the neck (halter) taken up and snaps reinforced, the tbodice taken  in slightly, cups sewn it, hemmed, simple bustle, and steamed. I hope mine doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money. It's nice to hear what some people's have been costing.
  • edited December 2011

That one person that said she estimated one amount and then came back with another that was WAY higher, I think, is a rare case.  She originally estimated mine around $315 and it ended at $350 bc she had to add a couple extra bustle points.

My sister had hers done last year and her was right around $375 and she took her from a size 6 to a size 2 - so she completely remade the dress! 

Her work is fabulous!  You won't be disappointed! 

Oh, and put your shoes on FIRST or she will fuss at you!  haha

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for asking this!! I have my appointment with her in August (1st appointment available when I called a month ago!) and was nervous about the cost. This is helpful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    the 500 price was mine but i have a lace dress and have a 30pt bussle.

the bussel is what cost the most followed by the lace work (taking in at bust).
  • edited December 2011
    Olga is awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards