Plus-Sized
Options

Thoughts on this dress?

I went dress shopping last night, and fell in love with this dress from Diva Bridal;

This is how it looks on me:

I wish I had someone else take the photo, but I went shopping alone. The lady that was woking with me told me that it was "flattering to my figure" and I just wanted anothers opinion on the dress...
Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thoughts on this dress?

• Options
    You look look nice in it
  • Options
    tiffielynn91tiffielynn91 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    very cute. 
  • Options
    I tried that dress on. It's very figure flattering.  I love the Mori Lee Julietta line !!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_thoughts-on-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:56c6f4cb-f050-4409-96b5-c4e6d614a879Post:e2dd61c1-e55f-4e62-b87e-415d68dd090f">Re: Thoughts on this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tried that dress on. It's very figure flattering.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]
    I know! I was not excited to try this particular dress on because I <em>hated</em> how it looked on the hanger, but it ended up being my favorite dress.
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't a huge fan of the single shoulder strap, but otherwise, I liked it. Have you seen the new fall 2012 Mori Lee Julietta line?  If not, you should look them up.  Some of the dresses are AMAZING.
  • Options

I'll be honest, I'm not liking the dropped waist.  And you can't really see the one shoulder strap in the photo, so I'm not sure about that either. Have you tried on other styles?

• Options
    In Response to Re:Thoughts on this dress?:[QUOTE]I'll be honest, I'm not liking the dropped waist.nbsp;nbsp;And you can't really see the one shouldernbsp;strap in the photo, so I'm not sure about that either.nbsp;Have you tried on other styles? Posted by MrsMeganL2012[/QUOTE]
    I opted to go without the strap because I hated it. I tried on around 15 different dresses.
  • Options
    Look at the new ones that just came out. I do like that dress, but I don't think it shows off your waist as much as it should.  I can tell your waist is smaller than that dress looks like it is.

Look at Mori Lee 3112 and 3118.  I think they would be much more flattering on your figure. 

www.morilee.com/bridals/julietta
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_thoughts-on-this-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:56c6f4cb-f050-4409-96b5-c4e6d614a879Post:931e5ca1-3b66-40e1-8181-3ed7c977660a">Re: Thoughts on this dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look at the new ones that just came out. I do like that dress, but I don't think it shows off your waist as much as it should.  I can tell your waist is smaller than that dress looks like it is. Look at Mori Lee 3112 and 3118.  I think they would be much more flattering on your figure.  www. morilee .com/bridals/ julietta
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!  I carry a few extra pounds and am pretty sure I will be sticking to A-LINE gowns.  This way it'll come down to the smallest part of the waist and then flare out.  That's just what I'm comfortable with.  I can't wear a dress that hugs my hips.  If you feel comfortable rocking it, go for it!
  • Options
    I think you look pretty good in it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you look great. Very cute dress!!
  • Options

just please remember one thing.. the only opinion that counts.. is yours. you can ask 100 people and get 100 answers..... if you like it... get it. if you think it's not THE ONE... keep looking.I tried on over 70 dresses until I found the one

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards