Colorado-Denver

Day-of wedding planner...Thoughts?

Hey!

A thought dawned on me over the weekend: is a day-of wedding planner/coordinator a good idea? What do you all think? I'm getting married at the Grand Hyatt downtown, so I need to find out from the woman I'm working with if that is her role, but if it's not, I need to consider a day-of person. I don't want myself, my mom, my future mother-in-law, or my bridesmaids running around on my wedding day.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Re: Day-of wedding planner...Thoughts?

• JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got one for our day. Though we do not have a caterer to set up anything, so I wanted someone to be in charge of that. I think they can be helpful for a number of reasons. Let us know what you do.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we had one just for peace of mind to ensure that all vendors had a person to check in with & someone to ensure that everything was executed as I'd planned.  Money well spent in my opinion! :)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • elexanicaelexanica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah its always a good idea to have one! I had one! :) We went with Blissful Events- very affordable too!

Their website is www.blissfuleventsllc.com
  • NYEbride10NYEbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of the other posts.  Totally worth the money!  I am using Danielle with Something Classic Events.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought I might want one, however, after meeting with my catering contact I decided against hiring one.  My wedding is pretty simple, in one location, not a lot of stuff going on.  My catering "house manager"  is like an included day of coordinator making sure vendors arrive and everything is set.  She basically told me the only thing she doesn't do is bustle me and tend to personal issues.
    My sister and my MOH informed me that they could totally handle tending to personal issues and not to waste my money. 

Your situation may be different, I think some weddings really need them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards