2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age

3. City Born In?

4. City Live in?

5. Where did you go to college?

6. What was your major?

7. What is your current job?

8. What is your dream job?

9. How did you and your fiance meet?

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it??

11. When is the Wedding Day?

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

13. What are your wedding colors?

14. Where are you honeymooning?

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend?

19. Favorite book?

20. Favorite movie?

21. Favorite tv show?

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

23. Any advice you can give?

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

25. Share something about yourself!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Knottie of the Week - Misskin

• 1. First Name & Fiance's First Name: Kindra & Ryan

2. Your Birthday & Age and Fiance's Birthday and Age: Jan 9th (30) FI Sept 25 (31 this year)

3. City Born In? Duarte, Ca Right outside of Pasadena, where the Rose Parade is held every year)

4. City Live in? Northridge

5. Where did you go to college? California State University Northridge

6. What was your major? Sociology

7. What is your current job? Claims Analyst I suppose-I train our dept on how to handle Foreclosed loans and filing the claim with the mortgage insurance company(boring right...lol)

8. What is your dream job? I would love to open a group home for troubled teen girls and show them an alternative way to live life. My passion in life is to make a difference in other lives.

9. How did you and your fiance meet? We met our freshman year in college. We dated maybe for like 2 weeks and decided we should not be exclusive due to this being our first year in college and wanting to experience the College life(meaning see what other type of people were out there-we were to young to try to be serious). He didnt return the following year and we lost contact. Well about 3 years later and baby later(from a different relationship) we ran into each other in the club. We reconnected and picked up right where we left off.  Its been 6years now. This must have been God way of telling me this the man for me.

10.  When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? He proposed July 23, 2011 at my family reunion.  Our reunion was at the beach in santa barbara. He managed to pull me a way and took me for a walk. We were standing on this stair case that looked over the water and he went on to say, how the day turned out great(the weather was iffy that morning) and the only thing that would make it perfect if I agreed to be his wife. He got down on his knee and was fumbling in his pocket for the ring...the whole time i am saying "you dont have a ring, come on stop playing...seriously, get up". And to my suprise he pulled out a ring and tried to put it on my right hand(he was nervous). Of course I said yes, teary eyed and all. A few onlookers(strangers) saw it happen and came down and congratulated us.  We immediately went back to where my family was an annouced that he was just proposed. A few people think he should have done it in front of the family but i think it was perfect. I always wanted a proposal with just the two of us and no one else really present so we could enjoy the moment.

11. When is the Wedding Day? Friday August 31, 2012

12. Where is the ceremony and reception? Both are at the same place: The Vineyards in Simi Valley.

13. What are your wedding colors? Purple and (orange, green or pink-i cant decide) What do you gals think go best with purple?

14. Where are you honeymooning? Good question....nothing is booked to date due to funds, but right after the wedding we are going to San Francisco for 3 nights. We plan to take a delayed honeymoon to probably Puerta Vallarta in Nov or Dec

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far? My Venue...not only is the place just beautiful but the owners are wonderful. What ever you want they say YES too. They truly belive in a brides vision.

16. Biggest wedding splurge? The Venue...well its all inclusive, so it includes my Dj, Florist, Cake and Photographer.

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? My Mother, she passed when I was 5 years old(breast cancer). No wedding is complete without both parents being present in my eyes.

18. Another knottie wedding you'd like to attend? Ms Ameera(She gal loves her some purple-I am looking fwd to seeing her pics so I can get some more ideas for my own wedding) and Sophia 1913( I love vegas, and originally we were going to get married there-I never been to a vegas wedding but from her pictures, it would have been a great choice for us)

19. Favorite book? The Coldest Winter Ever.

20. Favorite movie? Pretty Women-I love me some Julie Roberts

21. Favorite tv show?
    BIG BROTHER, SURVIVOR and AMAZING RACE (i am a reality TV junkie) Dont be suprised if you catch me on an season of Big Brother.

22. Favorite wedding dress designer? Mori Lee but I bought a Maggie Sottero gown. Mori Lee had some gowns i loved but they were a little higher than i projected to spend

23. Any advice you can give? DO YOU! This is your wedding so have what you want, break rules if you want, spend what you want, invite who you want. Every women wants what they classify the "perfect wedding" so make it YOUR OWN.

24. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? We should have stuck with planning a Vegas Wedding. Now we are stuck living in an apartment longer than I wanted because we used the funds for our house we eventually were going to buy to plan a wedding. Its expensive to live in Cali.

25. Share something about yourself! I want to get my Master Degree and really work on opening up a group home/resource center for teen girls. So after I get married, this is my goal.

Thanks Ladies for reading.....
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Kindra! Nice meeting you! Your goals sound great. Hold on to it and definitely work on opening that group home/resource center. We may see you on Oprah one day!

I also like you and FI's story as well as the proposal. I think the pink and purple sound like really great colors together although I'm sure you could have fun with the orange or green too.

Are you having a large wedding (# of guests)? What about your wedding party?
    imageAnniversary
  • Thanks for sharing Kindra! Like PP, definitely admire your goals and hope that some day you will make it a reality. 

As for your colors..why not keep them all? I think a multi-colored bouquet with all those colors would be really cute and just keep one as the main color and accent with all others. 

Anniversary
  • Thank You MrsBoss2012.....We are having about 125 guest. I have 6BM, 5 GM, 2FG, 1RB and my God Son is going to carry a sign down that says " Its your last chance to run Ryan"....we thought that would be a cute little addition

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-misskin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a6fe047f-f291-41cf-83a3-06024618ad0fPost:f3c35971-60b1-4c62-ae2f-d55ac4f025a7">Re: Knottie of the Week - Misskin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing Kindra! Like PP, definitely admire your goals and hope that some day you will make it a reality.  As for your colors..<strong>why not keep them all? I think a multi-colored bouquet with all those colors would be really cute and just keep one as the main color and accent with all others. 
    </strong>Posted by rowenac82[/QUOTE]

I thought about keeping Purple(well this is my primary), orange and pink...I am going to ask the Florist to put that combination together so I can see if I like it. Originally I only wanted two colors, but a lot of ladies on this board have a few and from the pictures, they were really nice.
  • Hi Kindra!  So nice to meet you.  I love a woman with a plan, lol.  Good luck to you going to school, getting your Master's Degree, and opening up your group home.  Your proposal story is sooooo sweet.  I love Vegas, too.  It's my favorite city in the U.S. 

Do you have any siblings?  If so where do you fall in line?  Also is it possible to see a pic of your dress and your BMs dresses?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_knottie-of-the-week-misskin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a6fe047f-f291-41cf-83a3-06024618ad0fPost:f14e6b36-5efc-4ef6-aa68-8e224f45241d">Re: Knottie of the Week - Misskin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kindra!  So nice to meet you.  I love a woman with a plan, lol.  Good luck to you going to school, getting your Master's Degree, and opening up your group home.  Your proposal story is sooooo sweet.  I love Vegas, too.  It's my favorite city in the U.S.  Do you have any siblings?  If so where do you fall in line?  Also is it possible to see a pic of your dress and your BMs dresses?
    Posted by ejagers[/QUOTE]

Hey Esha...I have two sisters and I fall right in the middle. LOL. My younger sister is really my step sister.  Once I get home I can upload pics of my dress and BM dresses.  I posted my gown back in OCT on here when I purchased it but will glad to post another one.
  • Beautiful proposal story i felt like i was there...and ive always been stuck on Purple and Pink but i saw a wedding with Purple and Orange and Silver it was gorg.....and its nice meeting you and getting to know you Kindra....

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• CreoleBride30CreoleBride30 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    Nice to meet you Kindra! Congrats on your engagement!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • hi Kindra
    the proposal is cute...
    good luck with the group home
    my mom works with pregnant teens... bless both of yall lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice to meet you, loved the proposal story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards