Arizona-Phoenix

Venue at the Grove - anyone been there?

Just starting the hunt for the wedding location. I want something outdoors, in October 2010.  Has anyone heard about or been to a wedding at the Venue at the Grove? (http://www.venueatthegrove.com/index.html). I like the pictures and the price seems reasonable, but I have not seen many reviews or comments about them beyond their website.  I believe they used to go by a different name, Harvest Groves, which has a couple of bad reviews from a few years ago, and nothing since.  Any ideas?

There are also a few golf clubs around town that I think may be good options too, but there is something about the more natural atmosphere of the pecan tree groves that appeals to me.

Thanks for the any help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue at the Grove - anyone been there?

• edited December 2011
    Just starting the hunt for the wedding location. I want something outdoors, in October 2010.  Has anyone heard about or been to a wedding at the Venue at the Grove? (http://www.venueatthegrove.com/index.html). I like the pictures and the price seems reasonable, but I have not seen many reviews or comments about them beyond their website.  I believe they used to go by a different name, Harvest Groves, which has a couple of bad reviews from a few years ago, and nothing since.  Any ideas?

There are also a few golf clubs around town that I think may be good options too, but there is something about the more natural atmosphere of the pecan tree groves that appeals to me.

Thanks for the any help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard anything about them, but it looks like they are new.  It makes me nervous that they don't have any pictures on the website, but that might be because they're just starting out.  Looks like they have an open house, so I would definitely check that out.
    Photobucket
  • nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found this blog if you're interested in more pics. It's from 2006, but it may give you some idea.

http://www.jeffersontodd.com/blog/2006/04/amy-and-luke.html
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input, and the link to the blog. Those pictures are beautiful. I think I will definitely go to the open house some time before I decide against them just for lack of pictures and reviews.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the open house tonight, so I thought I should report back. The place is very nice. It is family owned, and appears to be under new management as of mid 2009.  They are just getting going on the business, but they have a lovely place with a good inclusive package.  They also seem to be somewhat flexible, which is nice. I am keeping them on the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to the open house last night as well and I was impressed.  The grove is very pretty: reminds me of back East.  I also posted an inquiry on this board about the Venue- and so far it looks like not a lot of people have heard of it.  I am planning to e-mail the owner to ask for references.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards