New Jersey - South
Options

Photographer - journalism artistic style wanted

I'm looking around for a photographer... my wedding will be in south jersey... I looked around at different photographers web sites but i'm curious if anyone has used or is going to use a specific photographer that specializes in Journalism style photography... my sister got married in the dominican republic and I just loved her photographer.. 
http://www.photosouvenirpuntacana.com/

Thanks in advance for all suggestions
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer - journalism artistic style wanted

• Options
    kelly1017kelly1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Perfect Day Photography in Swedesboro, NJ and they do journalism photography. In fact I was very specific as to what I wanted and they do provide that in there work. The lady I met with is really nice and there packages are very reasonable. Check them out and good luck.

www.PerfectDayPhotography.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Perfect Day Photography for my wedding and I simply love their style.  They've been easy to work with in terms of giving me everything I wanted in my package for a reasonable price and for really understanding the style and type of photographs I want.  Eric (the owner) is great to work with.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using T Alimario. He is very journalistic too... alimariophoto.com

Also, if you check out Perfect Day, one my great friends is a photographer there, Kate M., and she does amazing work! Her personal website is kateeprevitera.com

Hope that helps.
    Tara
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Married My Best Friend on 9/17/2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Perfect Day is about as traditional as you can get. They are not photojournalists. I know Eric and his style is very very basic which is why his packages are so cheap. He just takes pictures. Photojournalists would be Intrigue Photography, Ryan Estes, Marc Anthony, and Hoffer Photography. Those are the best I know in this area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also going with T alimario.. Hes up and coming so not as pricy as Cindy Patrick and Sarah Schultz ( who are both great just pricier)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarah Schulte or Mike Landis
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarah Schulte (used her and loved our photos)
    Blog: 

We had also looked at Cindy Patrick and loved her work as well!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jeff from Intrigue photo.  He's photojournalistic and I loooove his style. 
  • Options
    sas0402sas0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the suggestions... I will take a look at all the web sites and probably have questions...

BUT i was curious...
    Do all of these photographers offer a really artistic photo album that they can make?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Artist European.  They were amazing.  We also wanted the photo journalistic look.  Our album is beautiful. 
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Alimario. T has been great to work with and we are so excited to have for our wedding! He can customize packages to help meet your budget. We had such a great time with him for our engagement session. He also offers GraphiStudio Albums that are hand crafted in Italy that have a very photojournalist look. HTH http://www.alimariophoto.com/
  • Options
    tiffanyhrtiffanyhr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out jordan brian photography (i think it's jordanbrian.com).  he takes amazing photos and employs a graphic design artist as well.  he is outstanding but definitely pricey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ashley Bartoletti...she is amazing!!

www.ashleybartoletti.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for someone a little off the wall with the most unique style I've ever seen (for wedding photography), check out:

http://rhmphotographyblog.com/

It's the son of the family who owns Morey's Pier down in Wildwood.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    todd laffler and/or elisabeth millay
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using RHM Photography for our wedding in July and couldn't be more thrilled!  Ryan has been great to work with, did a wonderful job on our engagement photos in Ocean City last June.  I am very artistic myself but we can't wait to see what he can come up with for our album!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cindy Patrick or Andy Todes, both are amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KendallTaylorKendallTaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    andy todes is who we used. truely amazing! He made me feel comfortable and his work makes me speechless...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards