Wedding Etiquette Forum

Number of Wedding Programs to Make?

I've started making wedding programs, and we're anticipating 60-70-ish guests. How many programs should we make? 1 per person, 1 per couple, enough for 75% of people...? I just don't want to end up with a ton of extras to throw out.

Re: Number of Wedding Programs to Make?

• I would make one per couple, plus some extra.
  • I did 75 for 150ish anticipated guests, and still had some left over. Grrrr.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I made 70-75 (can't remember the exact number) for 90ish guests. definitely had some left over. I would shoot for about 60% of your guests?

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Id figure one per couple.... Just make a few extras though
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do guys not take programs?  Every wedding I've gone to I've taken my own program and so has everybody in my party. 

I'm also about to print my programs so I'm thinking this one per couple is a good thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One per couple, plus a few extra.  We had a lot left over.  Many people looked at it and then left it on the chair.  I'd say 60% of your total attendance number.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • If you are openly inviting members of your church to the ceremony (as is common in some circles) then I'd probably make one for every woman invited and one for every 3 or 4 men invited (don't factor in kids under 16 in this count imo) plus an extra 10%.
  • I would make one per person. Just like Andy said, every wedding I've attended, each person had their own.
  • When the usher releases the woman into the pew, he hands her a program.
    Then he steps aside, and as the husband crosses in front of the usher to enter the pew, the usher hands the husband a program.
    Then as each kid crosses in front of the usher to enter the pew, the usher hands each kid a program.

Each person is handed a program, personally, by the usher, as the person crosses in front of the usher into the pew.

So you make one program for each person.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_number-of-wedding-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b776c0cc-6d88-4b09-bb90-d252a0700f9ePost:48b8c15e-26ac-424e-917b-3698a5c68e77">Re: Number of Wedding Programs to Make?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When the usher releases the woman into the pew, he hands her a program. Then he steps aside, and as the husband crosses in front of the usher to enter the pew, the usher hands the husband a program. Then as each kid crosses in front of the usher to enter the pew, the usher hands each kid a program. Each person is handed a program, personally, by the usher, as the person crosses in front of the usher into the pew. So you make one program for each person.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's not actually legally binding.

I think people are right on with either 1 per couple or about 60% of guests.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • A good rule of thumb is one per couple or single guest.  At least for the ones that will be attending, so you might want to wait until your responses are in.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_number-of-wedding-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b776c0cc-6d88-4b09-bb90-d252a0700f9ePost:48b8c15e-26ac-424e-917b-3698a5c68e77">Re: Number of Wedding Programs to Make?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When the usher releases the woman into the pew, he hands her a program. Then he steps aside, and as the husband crosses in front of the usher to enter the pew, the usher hands the husband a program. Then as each kid crosses in front of the usher to enter the pew, the usher hands each kid a program. Each person is handed a program, personally, by the usher, as the person crosses in front of the usher into the pew. So you make one program for each person.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Are you kidding me? You must be so boring in real life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards