Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Photographer and DJ recs??

I'm getting married May 28, 2011 and have started looking into photographers and DJs. Since there are SO many, wanted to see if anyone has a recommendatiion - ceremony in Delaware County, reception in Valley Forge. 
Comments/advice welcome! Thanks! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Photographer and DJ recs??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Knowing your budget will help immensely, especially with photographers. 

Without knowing your budget, I would heartily recommend the following photographers:
    -Doug Burns of Candid Moments Photography (my wedding photographer, awesome on many levels - pics in bio of my wedding from start to finish)
    -Tony Hoffer (I would like to get married again just so I can hire him - his wrk is incredible)
    -Sandor Welsh
    -Mike Landis
    -Sarah Schulte
    -Rich Lavigne
    -Ryan Estes
    -Shrayn Frenkel

Those phtoogrphers cover a fairly wide range of pricing, so hoopefully someone in there will give you what you're looking for.

For DJ, I was looking for something a little bit "different" - not the typical cheesy wedding DJ.  We went with Kim Alexander from No Macarena, who was awesome.  She's a former program director for XPN here in Philly, so she completely "got" our off-the-beaten-path taste in music and helped us pick out stuff that would have the crowd dancing but also incorporated our tastes and never resorted to the Electric Slide ;)  We had a few creative ideas for music (we may have rick-rolled our wedding...;) , and she totally went with them.  More than a few friends said it was the best playlist for a wedding that they had ever heard.  Just a fantastic experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As always, I'd recommend taking a look at my photographer. Zorn Photography  www.mzorn.com  Not sure what he's charging now..my wedding was 3 years ago...

as for Dj/mc.....  MMP entertainment. http://www.mmpentertainment.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marc Anthony Photography (www.marcanthonyphoto.com) and Center Stage for DJ's (www.centerstageent.com). Knowing your budget is important but I can say that Marc is a brilliant photographer and artist and his prices fit almost anyone's budget. Tony Hoffer is pretty good too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Marc Anthony! He's awesome and prices are pretty reasonable. He'll definitiely work with you ont he pricing. As for DJs, we are going with Matt from Synergetic Sound.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Denise Mabilog  as a photog and Platinum DJ's... my wedding is in VF as well
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jordan Brian Photography and DJ Your Way with Chris
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Frank at Center Stage Entertainment was our DJ - he was awesome!! 

Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adding to the list of photographers to check out - Jennifer Childress.  For DJs I like The Masters Group and have heard Synergetic Sounds at a couple of weddings and they were really good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE my photographer, even more since I got my engagement pictures back!! His name is Joe Pulcinella. His website is photojoe.com. He really worked out a package that fit out budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception? I am having my reception in Valley Forge too!! We are getting married at the Crowne Plaza
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married the same day and my parents called Tony Hoffer  the other day (I live in London) and he's booked. 
  • Options
    GinaF426GinaF426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Valerie, our reception is at the Radisson Valley Forge! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TLJ Studios' for Photography and videography  http://www.tljstudios.com/
    Twilight Entertainment for DJ www.twient.com
    Presidential Caterers
    Chic's Limo http://www.chicslimo.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards