Snarky Brides
Options

Go FI... WOOP WOOP!!!

FI is my hero!!! His mom insisted she was coming to stay with the kids for our HM. We had a blow out over the holidays and she hasn't spoken to me since. Regardless I still want her there and to be involved bc I keep telling myself this is all new to her (the instant grandma thing) its nothing like my first MIL who said my kids would be better off if I was dead.

Our HM is booked. My mom is now asking what's going to happen with the kids. Of FIs parents are here they are bringing them back to our house after the reception, if they go with my parents, mine need to rent a 6 person cabin instead of a 2 person cabin and need to plan to come get our dog before heading to their for the week (my parents live in az were in ca).

FI called his step dad and told him "we want you guys here for the wedding, that's the bottom line, mom wanted to stay with the kids but if she can't we totally understand we just need to know so we can make arrangements for the kids with enough notice since everyone we know works like the rest of us.... We want you here but we know asking you stay another week is alot to ask""... AND HE GAVE A DEADLINE OF THIS FRIDAY.

I absolutely love my FI. He's not letting them draw it out or claim she forgot or to change her mind repeatedly bc right now i cant handle that. he completely left MY mom out of it as his mom would come stay just bc its her or my mom and she feels the need to be competitive. Example: my oldest son was selling candy bars for camp she text my mom (whom she's never met in person) saying she was buying twice as many as my mom". My mom says good for you! LOL. Then she texts my mom to say how much she spent on the kids for Christmas, again my mom says good for you bc my mom refuses to compete!!! Fact is my kids don't care. It's mid jan my kids still haven't gotten their Xmas gift from my parents (out of state haven't seen them yet) and the kids don't even care about the gift....

Re: Go FI... WOOP WOOP!!!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    That's so awesome that your FI took care of business! I only had one disagreement with my FMIL, who is really sweet and I get along with. I got upset and walked out of the room crying. FI shut her down and let her know that if she didn't drop the subject we would leave immediately (we were visiting out of town during last summer). She apologized to me and we moved on. It feels so good to know your partner's got your back!
  • Options
    I can only hope...lol!
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    And the kids are going to MY PARENTS. His mom declared we are picking her up at the airport the day before the wedding and she's flying into LAX bc its cheaper... Uhhh no! That's 3 hrs from me each way. He told her to call budget or enterprise for a rental car. Then she said she will stay till Tuesday and my mom can come get the kids and take her to the airport.. Again NO! My mom would be driving 5 hrs from wedding to home, turning around, coming back 4 hrs, 3 hrs to airport and the. A total of prob 8 hrs back to her house. I think not! I love FMIL but we haven't spoken since thanksgiving.she had a tantrum and wanted to leave ON thanksgiving. I said sure but she had to tell the kids. That stopped it right there, The boys are so excited. Youngest walked in and heard us talking last weekend (me, FI, and my parents) and my 5 yr old blurts out... Guys Guess what were coming to grandma with rooni (our dog) after mom and extra dad get married in the pretty dress. It was priceless! He is so excited about my pretty dress, bc he loves it when I get dressed up or wear make up or even straighten my hair. Thanks for being so awesome ladies. This has been a huge weight lifted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards