Ohio-Columbus

Cake and flower vendors

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a flower vendor or cake? I have pretty much everything but those are the two I am having trouble with. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks!!!

Re: Cake and flower vendors

• edited December 2011
    Enticing Icings and Custom Cakes Cindy is absolutely amazing. She grows her own ingredients for some of her fillings. She is incredibly talented and super incredibly delicious. I am a pastry chef, so I am really snobby about cake. Cindy was amazing. www.enticingicings.com Tell her Sarah Myers sent ya!
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Bella Luna for cake and Kelly Karsten for flowers.  I also met with Cindy from Enticing icings that Peach mentioned above.  She was great and ran a close second.  However, H and I fell in love with this one flavor by Bella Luna and that made our decision for us. 
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using The Goodie Shoppe for our cake. She is $3.75 a silce I believe... it was definitely less than other places we saw. Their cake is REALLY good, too. She is even going to do sheet cakes for us at $1.00 a silce so our main cake doesn't have to be huge. She was absolutely willing to do what we wanted, and the photos of their previous cakes they have done are very pretty :)

Flowers: we are using Petals & Leaves in Powell. She is really nice and their arrangements are beautiful. It might be a little expensive, but they do a great job. It was a little more than I wanted to spend on flowers, but I am excited that our flowers will be awesome. I didn't look around a whole lot for flower vendors... I just wanted to get everything done before I got too stressed, but I feel like we made a great choice with Petals & Leaves :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Anita Kline for our cake. Her prices are $2.50-3/slice depending on the flavor you choose. She was so amazing to work with and my FI loved it, and he normally hates cake! We also liked Cecile, from Cakes by Cecile. Her cake was the most amazing cake we have ever had and we would have loved to have booked her, but her price is $3.65/slice. If you have the budget, I'd say do it!

We also tried a few other cakes, but we weren't as impressed with them. They were Saur Cakes, Bella Luna, Jan Kish, and Ruthie's Cakes.

As for a florist, we are using FI's mom's shop, but she lives in Mt. Vernon, so not sure if that will help much. But we did see Petals & Leaves at a bridal show and their displays looked very nice. I've also heard Flowers by Jerry is good.
  • Karadee1Karadee1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enticing Icings looks great - thanks for the suggestion GApeach! I will be contacting them for sure!
  • edited December 2011
    We are looking into short north piece of cake and anita kline and possibly one other one. We are doing our flowers ourself, so i am no help there. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Anita Kline for cakes. She is really sweet, her cake is delicious, and really reasonably priced. She is also highly recommended on here :)

For flowers, I am using POSY, which is a relatively new florist, but her designs are gorgeous, she has great ideas - more original than some of the other florists I met with, and she has been very quick to respond to my emails so far.
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Short North Piece of Cake, and it was inexpensive and delicious! It was still yummy even on our one year anniversary. I have more info in my bio pages.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    Anita Kline for cake (she is so cool) and the Flowerman for Flowers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_cake-flower-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:e49cc3a7-0645-4582-a2ab-711050681fdcPost:3438b5c7-f5e9-48a9-8742-b3c663075273">Re: Cake and flower vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anita Kline for cake (she is so cool) and the Flowerman for Flowers. 
    Posted by scuster09[/QUOTE]

Same here!
  • BAYB153BAYB153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Anita Kline for cake and Flowers on Orchard Lane for flowers --- super excited about both!!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Anita Kline and Flowers on Springtree Lane.  By far the easiest and best vendors we dealt with for our day.  And they are fantastic and professional.  Everyone loved the cake and flowers!
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Cake Studio for cake and Kelly Karsten for flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lbrant21Lbrant21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Anita Kline for cake and Flowers on Orchard Lane for flowers --- super excited about both!!

Same here!  I LOVE them both.
  • spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using Enticing Icings nad Petals nad leaves Love them both!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards