Georgia-Atlanta

Budgeting in Atlanta

Good Morning Ladies,
New to the board, I wanted your help on budgeting in ATL. I find this hard to do. I have booked my venue and caterer recently and got a great deal for 125 guest at $8000. I would like to keep my budget around $14k. I am not much of a arts and craft person so I am a little nervous as to doing things myself. I have been told by a few family members and friends to travel outside of the state to get my dress, rings, invitations, etc. Has anyone done this and saved? When accounting for travel expenses is it worth it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: Budgeting in Atlanta

• edited December 2011
    So you have your venue and caterer for $125 people for $8000 - that sounds like a good deal (depending on what the caterer is doing, etc.)

Now you have $6,000 left.  What do you entail the $6,000 to include? Dress? Decor?

You don't have to travel out of state to get a good deal on a dress.  There are several dress shops in smaller towns (than midtown Atlanta boutiques) that have great prices on wedding gowns. 

You should take that $6,000, and figure out everything you have left to pay for, and then budget from there.  Invitations, envelopes, postage (going and coming,) centerpieces, flowers, dress, shoes, headpiece, veil, favors (if you're having them,) DJ/Band/Musician, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Hydrophile, you shouldn't have to leave the state to get a good deal. I would look around at some of the smaller shops in towns around Atl.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs. Just take that 6K and prioritize what you have left. Stay here in ATL for your stuff. You can get killer deals on invitation/other wedding stationary stuff through Vistaprint.com or 123print.com. Also check out the knot classifieds, ebay, Amazon, and even Craigslist (hey, you can find awesome stuff if you know how and where to look!)

Your dress and flowers/decor will be your next biggest items along with photography if you hire a pro. 5-6 Hours of time with a DVD of photos and copyrights to reprint will probably cost you around 2k, give or take a few hundred and some may throw in a few prints or more/less time. You can save if you go with an associate or student, but know that you might sacrifice quality. Ask to see their samples or get referrals. There are some good photography students who go to SCAD's ATL campus. 

Is your HM included in this amount too or is that taken care of/not going on a HM right now?
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    My bridal salon is having a HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Please ask for Sara !!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi -
    HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Ask for Sara !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards