New York-Long Island

Lombardi's on the Sound

Has anyone been married or went to a wedding at Lombardi's on the Sound? If so, what did you have to add as far as decoration goes. I feel that the ambiance is very nice but I am wondering if I need to add anything to it. Do I really need flowers for my ceremony? Should I have something lining the aisle? Candles or something? If I nix these things will it look barren? I'm not sure if i need to waste my time on this or if it will be nice just leaving the place as is. Any input?

Re: Lombardi's on the Sound

• edited December 2011
    I checked out this place for my wedding.  I think for the ceremony if you have some thing very small and simple it would be nice as there doesn't seem to be a lot of room out there on the grass.  I would definitely save the bulk of decoration for the reception as everything seems to be neutral color and it would look nice to add some bold colors to contrast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i was just there for a day wedding last week.  There was no wind and it was hot for the outdoor ceremony.  however, east end dj's were awesome. everyone dance the whole time.
  • jellibjellib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just "had" an appt with them yesterday. I say "had" because even though my fiance and I BOTH spoke to someone regarding our appt. they lost it and had us wait aabout an hour before they ushed us through. I dont think they have much to offer for an outside view and as far as the cermony goes I was a little concerned about the tennis court being right next to the ceremony site. I only mention this b/c once I was at a ceremony and there were some loud, bawdy golfers nearby that caused quite a distraction. Good luck if you have your wedding there, perhaps our incident was just a simple mistake but I worry that, that is just a sign of things to come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards