Oregon

Has anyone used Powers? Continuum photography?

PiruPiru member
First Comment
I was looking for a photographer late last night and I like them. Not sure I can afford though, and prices aren't listed, and I feel kind of douchey emailing them about it. A good photographer is extremely important to me but I just can't spend like $3k on one.

If anyone has used them or looked into them I'd like to know how much you ended up paying and how satisfied you were with their services. Thanks!

And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
June siggy challenge!

Re: Has anyone used Powers? Continuum photography?

• sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really wouldn't hurt or make them think any less of you for sending them an e-mail asking about pricing.  Then you'll know for sure if you can afford it or if you need to start looking somewhere else :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My boss used them and loved them. I think she got like 4 hours for $1200 or something.
  • PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_anyone-used-powers-continuum-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:d5560361-9156-4515-bc4c-acb9bf9a7e90Post:819c69af-9f4f-445c-9114-525208a4141b">Re: Has anyone used Powers? Continuum photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My boss used them and loved them. I think she got like 4 hours for $1200 or something.
    Posted by jennylee753[/QUOTE]
    Continuum? Or Powers?
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Powers Photography for my September wedding. Our package base price was $1999 for 4-5 hours, which includes two photographers during the coverage. I ended up adding on another hour to cover more of our reception. Ben (the owner) will totally work with you and try to find a package that fits what you need to your ideal budget. They get you very involved in the process and help you get the best photographer on their staff to fit what you like. Their quality is amazing and I'm really excited to work with Marc, our photographer. 

If you'd like a referral to Powers, I can send one on your behalf and you'll get a $300 gift certificate towards your package. Let me know: ltbeyer {at} gmail
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Artistique Photographie. I have talked to the Powers people many times and I was never comfortable around them. It was never relaxed, it seemed like everything was a sales pitch. I absolutely love Artistique though! Their work is so amazing and they have great packages!
    Artistique Photography
  • ColeandJenaColeandJena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like ltbeyer we are also using Powers Photography for our September wedding.  Their pictures are gorgeous, their prices are reasonable, and best of all they have 8 photographers to choose from, which you do by browsing through galleries and getting a feel for each photographer's style.  That and the fact that they let you customize your package means you get exactly what you want.  It's definitely worth a meeting with them to see if you can get what you want for the price you're looking to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards