Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Lunchtime-Afternoon Thread?

Are you all busy working or something? Don't you know that knotting should be your priority?

WFL?

I'm not even thinking about what I'm going to eat for lunch yet, because I found out that I passed the test I took for work on Friday, which was pretty important. So relieved.

Re: Lunchtime-Afternoon Thread?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I had leftover BBQ chicken, tater tots and edamame for lunch today. The afternoon is dragging and I just want to go home so I can watch some Olympics then go watch my alma mater play in D1 soccer for the first time.

Congratulations Jess!
  • Options
    Congrats Jess!  I'm sure that's a load off. 

My lunch was whack and I ate it at like 10:30 so I'm starving now and all I have is oatmeal at my desk.  Ugh. 

I'm so bored today.
  • Options
    Rachers, your lunch sounds delicious. Where do you even buy a salad like that?

Congrats, Jess! That is excellent news.
  • Options
    That sounds good, Rach!
  • Options
    Congrats, Jess! 

I'm finishing up a few things at work then I'm out of here.  I'm going to eat some left over tater tot casserole when I get home. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    All we had in the house for breakfast today was oatmeal, so that was my breakfast. I'll probably have leftover pizza for lunch, since we don't have anything else to eat here, really.

Yay for short weeks, Rach!

I'm excited to watch the Olympics tonight too, Midge.
  • Options
    I had a salad. It was fine. I'm kind of unenthused with any food that isn't carbs or cheese -- but there's really nothing new about that.

I desperately need to go grocery shopping, but H is OOT this week, so that just means I can eat all the carbs & cheese I want. Healthy.

Rach - things are slow here too. And no short week for me :-(
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Ugh, Beanie...that's frustrating. What are they saying you did wrong?
  • Options
    Congrats, Jess!

Lunch for me is a Lean Cuisine veggie eggroll and some yogurt.  I wish I prepared real food to eat for lunches, but that never seems to happen for one reason or another.  If I make extra food at dinner time, H just eats more of it lol.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I can't wait to eat my lunch- roasted cauliflower/quinoa/feta salad. It's delicious. But first I'm going to the gym for the second time today. I'm just going to hang out on the elliptical and watch Olympics.
  • Options
    What's wrong with carbs and cheese? And fyi, there are carbs in veggies.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunchtime-afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2c9eb39d-b27c-4160-b3d6-023bdaaa603bPost:42f3e1f3-91a8-4bf4-93db-4150bedc0db3">Re: Lunchtime-Afternoon Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, Jess! Lunch for me is a Lean Cuisine veggie eggroll and some yogurt.  I wish I prepared real food to eat for lunches, but that never seems to happen for one reason or another.  <strong>If I make extra food at dinner time, H just eats more of it lol.
    </strong>Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

So does mine! I've definitely had to adjust to this since we moved in together. He's gotten pretty good at asking if he can have more if there's not much left, or I will sometimes remember to set aside a serving for my lunch before he even sees it.

Truth be told, I'm equally terrible about it. Last night I ate the entire pot of pasta, when there should have been plenty for lunch today.
  • Options
    Beanie, that is aggravating. The things that some neighbors will complain about never cease to amaze me.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:LunchtimeAfternoon Thread?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:LunchtimeAfternoon Thread?:What's wrong with carbs and cheese? And fyi, there are carbs in veggies.Posted by Jamp;K10910lt;3nbsp; Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

It's a huge pet peeve of mine. I can't help it, haha.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    JK - nothing wrong with carbs and cheese, it's just probably not the best diet plan to eat a huge helping of pasta for dinner every night without any sort of good carbs like veggies or fruits or really any other food group. But, hey, if it is, then that rocks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunchtime-afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2c9eb39d-b27c-4160-b3d6-023bdaaa603bPost:961ebfb3-968a-4e7e-823c-fc3879caedcd">Re: Lunchtime-Afternoon Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had Qdoba for lunch.  I love that place. I have a little work to do today but not much.  Then I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store but I hate going after work. I am still dealing with the other insurance company from my accident three months ago. Phucking pain in my ass.  They need my PT records but have the wrong SS number (??) so I am trying to give them the right one but no one is answering.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Qdoba is delicious! A bagillion times better than chipotle in my opinion.  I had a salad and some lays potato chips for lunch.  I was all gungho about eating healthy this week and then work brought in a ton of snack stuff for the break room and now all i want to eat all day are snacks.  I am running with the theory that having a salad for lunch will help counter all the snacks I stuff in my gullet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am eating a brocolli, cheese and chicken frozen dinner.
    Today is going to win the award for worst day ever. :(
  • Options

What's wrong Crash?

• Options
    I hate going to the grocery store, period.

IS BUTTER A CARB?

• Options
    Hey, this may be a P&R depending on when the babies wake up.

I had leftover thai noodles that I made. They were pretty good. I'm making Mexican casserole for dinner tonight though so I'm really excited about that one. It's also been a super long day since the little ones are in rare form so I plan on having a bottle of wine with the dinner. Only 4 more hours. 
  • Options
    Beanie, that really sucks about your neighbors being douchey.

Edie, that's ridiculous that they have the wrong SS# on file, and then want to give you schitt for it.

Sorry you're having a bad day, Crash.
  • Options
    Grocery shopping is the worst. Actually, it's the list making/meal planning. I can never decide what I'm in the mood for, especially when trying to plan several days worth of meals.
  • Options
    I LOVE meal planning and grocery shopping. I am so weird. 
  • Options
    Glo, start going the store for me then. I put it off as long as possible on a regular basis.
  • Options
    i2i Jess. You could make a business out of that, Glo!
  • Options
    Hey all.  I'm killing the last hour before I get out of work.

Glo, feel free to go grocery shopping for me.  I hate it lol.  I have to go after work to pick up wine and Italian bread.

Lunch was a Healthy Choice meal and some almonds.  Thrilling.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lunchtime-afternoon-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2c9eb39d-b27c-4160-b3d6-023bdaaa603bPost:ae254ef4-bb4d-4d42-88b1-ec58f5ed0263">Re: Lunchtime-Afternoon Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glo, start going the store for me then. I put it off as long as possible on a regular basis.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>If I could make a business out of meal planning and grocery shopping for other people, I would do it in a heartbeat. </div>
  • Options
    If I had the money to pay people to do all of the things I hate doing, I would do it, no doubt about it.

But I would have to be quite rich to pull that one off. I hate doing lots of things.
  • Options
    Me too, Jess. H and I have quite the list racked up: personal sous chef, personal shopper, personal masseuse, cleaning lady...
  • Options

Afternoon.  I had potatoes and veggies for lunch.  I brought some of the leftover sausage/veggie/potato meal I made the other night but the liquid made the veggies overly soggy so I ate some of the catered food from next door. 

I feel like today is just dragging on.  I have a hair cut appointment tonight and I'm looking forward to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards